Could Grand Moff Kilran be Malavai Quinn's father?

Halinmonk

Haha, did you post this same thing on the SWTOR Confessions tumblr? Love that site. EDIT: aw crap, didn't see you linked it already. My bad.

And this is a compelling idea - there does seem to be a resemblance between the two.

Edited by ThaBenMan

I didn't, I just saw it come up on my dashboard. :3

But it is a very interesting idea, it's pretty much established that Quinn is gunning for the position of Grand Moff (he's basically Vickan reborn and if you romance him, it's hinted at that he basically wants to become a power couple of the Empire), and he and Kilran have some disturbing similarities.

I doubt it, because of the problems Quinn has in his career and with his personal enemy Moff (or was it Admiral). A powerful father like Kilran could probably help him out of that easily. But instead Quinn has to base his career on Baras.

I think Quinn's father never got much higher than Quinn. Colonel, maybe, but not something that has "Admiral" as part of the title.

Oh, and their names are different.

I doubt it, because of the problems Quinn has in his career and with his personal enemy Moff (or was it Admiral). A powerful father like Kilran could probably help him out of that easily. But instead Quinn has to base his career on Baras.

I think Quinn's father never got much higher than Quinn. Colonel, maybe, but not something that has "Admiral" as part of the title.

Oh, and their names are different.

Actually the military strikes me as far less Nepotistic then the Sith, I could see his father being Grand Moff not being nearly as much of a help as it would seem. What's more Malavai DID get disgraced by that other Moff, Kilran might had disowned him. He doesn't strike me as the kind to sit around with a #1 Dad Mug reading the funnies to his kid, or going to his son's sports games and stuff.

What's more Malavai DID get disgraced by that other Moff, Kilran might had disowned him. He doesn't strike me as the kind to sit around with a #1 Dad Mug reading the funnies to his kid, or going to his son's sports games and stuff.

Aye, this. A guy who is known for being not only ruthless but actually goes out of his way to leave no survivors? He'd leave a weak or incompetent underling to his fate in the blink of an eye. Ofc I also think he'd go out of his way to have that person killed if he wasn't in place to be executed on the spot, just to remove the stain on Kilran's personal record of ruthlessness.