The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stat/Gearing Priorities

Darguth

Hey everyone,

I just resubbed recently and I'm looking to gear up to start tanking Ops. So far I've mostly confined myself to daily HM FPs. I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on what stats to favor given my current stats. I'm also looking to find advice on how to find better-in-slot mods to replace some of the Accuracy stuff that seems to be on all of my set gear.

My current stats are (roughly):

- Health: 20,400

- Damage Reduction: 51%

- Defense: 13%

- Shield: 42%

- Absorb: 43%

- Accuracy: 98%

I know that I should favor Shield and Absorb over Defense and that I should keep my Shield and Absorb roughly equal do to DR. My specific questions are:

1.) At my stat level when Augmenting my gear should I go for the Shield/Power and Absorb/Power augs or should I go with End/Aim augs?

2.) Should I look at trying to dump some of the Accuracy I have for mitigation or Endurance? If so, what is the best way to get Q56 Mods and Enhancements with those preferred stats? Do I just need to farm specific Columi tokens for the pieces that have those Mods/Enhancements and rip those out, and if so which tokens are those that I'd be looking for?

Thanks in advance!

As a Vanguard tank, you want roughly a 1:2:2 weighting for Defense Rating:Shield Rating:Absorb Rating. For reference, my gear is pretty much maxed out, and I have barely more Defense% than you do right now, so you probably need a lot more Shield and Absorb. ;)

Yes, dump Accuracy. It's a bad stat in general, but it's exceptionally useless for Vanguard tanks.

While you're gearing up, the mods in the Columi helmet and gloves are great to rip and put in other pieces, so if you're grinding HM FPs for that purpose, I'd recommend Kaon Under Siege and Taral V. Also, don't forget to check the GTN (set the minimum level field to 50 to quickly filter down to mods that are possibly relevant)

Augments: IMO, you want Defense/Shield/Absorb in each and every augment slot, because I feel that 18 points of mitigation stat is worth a lot more than 18 points of Endurance. There are folks who argue the opposite, though.

if you want to read me natter on even more on this topic: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=488866

Edited by CitizenFry