Which PvP Gear and in what order for marauder?

InfallibleArin

So I have done a bit of research but have't found a thread that explains exactly which pieces, in what order and why they are the best concerning pvp gear.

I am about to hit 50 with 2000WZ/3500RWZ comms and would like to know exactly which pieces to buy and in what order. i was planning on going straight for the War Hero mainhand and offhand and then work my way into the Jugg Vindicator Head/Chest/Legs/Boots for the 4 pc set bonus.

Is this the best way to go about gearing up and is there anything else (other classes pieces to remod) I should know?

Thanks

Edit - Also should I use the standard Vindicator Lightsaber and the Weaponmaster Offhand Saber or should I remod in some way?

Edited by InfallibleArin

To be honest, I personally don't like buying main hand + off hand first. I think your just holding your self back- giving you a lower win% chance, also giving you a slower rate at farming coms.

IMO these are the steps at which you should purchase gear:

1) buy double wh implant (the ones with power)

2) buy bm vindicator main hand weapon

3) buy bm gloves

4) buy everything else recruit + champion power relic

5) buy bm armor pieces according by price (don't buy body)

6) slowly upgrade the armor pieces into wh

7) after you get 4 piece set bonus, you should buy wh ear

8) buy vindicator main hand

9) consider if your going to switch specs

9a) if going carnage, upgrade to 2 wh vindicator weapons

9b) if staying anni or going rage, don't bother upgrading weapons yet

10) optimize gear by buying vindicator gloves for mods and force mystic gloves for enhancments, by moving mods around, you can make a fake wh body with the bm armorin plate and your new 30 expertise mods and enhancements

So don't buy the BM chest piece at all? The best mods/enh come from those gloves/boots?

I was thinking of going carnage and getting the absolute highest crit possibe, going beyond the soft cap. I feel like a crit is worth more than what the power will offer with that spec as it doesnt deal with DoTs and only has 1 auto crit ability in scream.

How high can you get crit(35-40% unbuffed?) and which would be the best mods/enh for that?

Also is it worth mix and matching mods/enh from other pieces for my BM set or don't worry about that until WH?

Thx for the help, I appreciate it.

Crit is not as important as power. Each ability has a damage coefficient which is multiplied by your bonus damage score. So getting 100 points more of bonus damage actually means you'll be doing 280 more on your normal hits and 500 or so more on your crits.

Don't forget that you should buy 4 pieces of vindicator gear (and place their components into something you can wear) ... the 10% damage bonus after charge is extremely useful.

Don't waste the money optimizing until you're fully WH geared. Makes little difference. One thing you can do when you have excess expertise when almost fully WH though is grab some of your power specced Battlemaster enhancements/mods out of your ship's hold (always strip all your useful mods out before upgrading a BM piece to WH) and replace some of the more useless WH mods.

Edited by Jagil

It's my opinion that taking crit beyond soft cap is sacrificing too much damage, meaning your crits are smaller.

Small crits won't kill someone as easily as well timed large crits.

It's of course all about play style and personal preference.

I personally like explosive crits, that way when my ravages crit hard enough I can go into an explosive force scream (which auto crits) and either kills them or puts them at a point where my execute (vicious throw) will kill them.

Having a high crit rate with low bonus damage just makes it semi-sustained damage. It becomes more rhythmic and fluent, allowing the healer to gauge when to heal.

For carnage, you want your stats to be bursty- you want to kill them before they can react.

Anyway, how you put your stats is upto you, but as for chest, I don't see it being cost effective to buying it (until you have nothing more to buy).

Why? Because gloves are 2k rated coms, and since your goin to buy a certain type of glove over and over anyway, might as well use some of old mods and enhancements to make a fake wh piece.

Remember that the armoring plate of bm and wh have equal expertise, the only difference is set bonus, 3 str and maybe a couple endurance. Since the expertise is different, all you need to do is get 4 piece wh and 1 fake wh. With chest being most expensive, it's most efficient to skip that.

A Mara can get 1370 expertise without getting body and both weapons if you do mod swapping. Granted you definatelly want to upgrade both weapons if your going carnage, since it's very depended on base weapon damage.

Hope this helps. Take care and happy hunting

Crit is not as important as power. Each ability has a damage coefficient which is multiplied by your bonus damage score. So getting 100 points more of bonus damage actually means you'll be doing 280 more on your normal hits and 500 or so more on your crits.

Don't forget that you should buy 4 pieces of vindicator gear (and place their components into something you can wear) ... the 10% damage bonus after charge is extremely useful.

Don't waste the money optimizing until you're fully WH geared. Makes little difference. One thing you can do when you have excess expertise when almost fully WH though is grab some of your power specced Battlemaster enhancements/mods out of your ship's hold (always strip all your useful mods out before upgrading a BM piece to WH) and replace some of the more useless WH mods.

I did not know this and have never heard this before. Thx I'll take it under consideration.

"Fake WH" chest use the BM armoring from my old BM chest with the WH Mod+Enh from the gloves/Forcemaster boots? Thus gaining the set bonus from the other 4 WH pieces, the same expertise and slightly less armoring at a better price?