Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Please give us something...

MaliksKid

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol its so dead around here...and they wonder why people leave..fail.
Dead here in the forums? Cool. The only people who would actually pay a sub fee to hang in the forums are, well ... they just are. Conversely in-game it's just the opposite. Lots of folks playing and that's all that matters. :) Edited by GalacticKegger

Dead here in the forums? Cool. The only people who would actually pay a sub fee to hang in the forums are, well ... they just are. Conversely in-game it's just the opposite. Lots of folks playing and that's all that matters. :)

Yeah , yeah...... you were saying that now for a long time how everything in the game is fine and dandy but subs went downhill fast untill we reached the point of FTP and are now still in decline because of the lack of the content at endgame and lack of the communacition from the devs on forums.

Edited by Lunablade

I guess you dont remember back when they did the merges all the threads about queue times and that almost all the destination servers were hitting full every day.

The servers population has decreased from most servers hitting full everyday to only about 3-6 servers hitting full in a week and many servers (especially the PVP servers) just hitting heavy if that.

You would base your information on how much people on the forums are complaining about it? It couldnt possibly be that they updated the login server or worked out how to run the servers better?

Immediately after the server mergers my new server had 2 fleet instances on average with 200+ on each, hitting 3 on occasion. 2 months later and my server is still hitting the same numbers. The link posted shows that on a daily basis the same average % of players are logging in at approximately the same times, and the average hasn't changed really gone up OR down over that same time frame....

Edited by Blaac

Yeah , yeah...... you where saying that now for a long time how everything in the game is fine and dandy but subs went downhill fast untill we reached the point of FTP and are now still in decline because of the lack of the content at endgame and lack of the communacition from the devs on forums.
The problems being spray painted on back alley walls are outside the game. Subs dropping ... EA's stocks dropping ... the game adding an F2P option ... it launched too early ... wah wah wah wah wah. Where's a damn pacifier? I couldn't care less about what happens outside the game because it has no effect on what I experience when I'm playing it. I choose to not embrace a miserable existence. My "happy dance" seems to piss of people who do. To each their own. Edited by GalacticKegger

The problems being spray painted on back alley walls are outside the game. Subs dropping ... EA's stocks dropping ... the game adding an F2P option ... it launched too early ... wah wah wah wah wah. Where's a damn pacifier? I couldn't care less about what happens outside the game because it has no effect on what I experience when I'm playing it. I choose to not embrace a miserable existence. My "happy dance" seems to piss of people who do. To each their own.

People who have seen games die before (and close or living on an Zombiemmos) understand that no matter how much anyone enjoys the game, eventually it effects everyone.

People who have seen games die before (and close or living on an Zombiemmos) understand that no matter how much anyone enjoys the game, eventually it effects everyone.
Speaking for everyone is above any one person's paygrade. So personally speaking, it bears repeating: I choose to not embrace a miserable existence. Whether or not others choose to is, well ... their choice. So please exclude me from "everyone" in that regard.

Someday the game will go away. They all do. When that happens I'll do something else. MMOs are not my path to enlightenment or self esteem. So whatever happens is just not that important.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Does it matter that they almost never talk to their customers ?

Biowares legacy will forever be known as having the worst communication and

interaction with the community ever.To be very honest it's a joke.

NOT to mention they are beyond arrogant who ignore 99% of all feedback they players have given them.

If this game doesnt survive F2P they have only them self to blame.

Does it matter that they almost never talk to their customers ?

Biowares legacy will forever be known as having the worst communication and

interaction with the community ever.To be very honest it's a joke.

NOT to mention they are beyond arrogant who ignore 99% of all feedback they players have given them.

If this game doesnt survive F2P they have only them self to blame.

I get same-session responses in-game from GMs. I get next day bug report email responses with short and specific questionairres requesting additional information. They've even answered phone calls. How can that be? I have no idea. Maybe they simply ignore the arseholes because the arseholes will eventually leave to be arseholes somewhere else?

I get same-session responses in-game from GMs. I get next day bug report email responses with short and specific questionairres requesting additional information. They've even answered phone calls. How can that be? I have no idea. Maybe they simply ignore the arseholes because the arseholes will eventually leave to be arseholes somewhere else?

Sure, they ignore 95% of users.... i mean "arseholes"! Just look at subs rate and gorgeous F2P future. :rak_03:

Just a point of order. I've been tracking numbers... (link HERE).

Date Summed Average Logins Over the Last 2 Weeks on the Destination Servers

6/27/2012 32,834

6/29/2012 34,310

7/2/2012 35,383

7/10/2012 35,160

7/16/2012 35,853

7/23/2012 35,827

7/30/2012 34,490

8/5/2012 34,173

So I'm seeing about a 4% decline in the last week. That's not what I'd personally call a "sharp" decline. I'd call that normal fluctuation. As in, "not a big deal" to me. If 4% is a "sharp decline" to you, that's cool. That's a subjective analysis.

IF the numbers are declining, THEN we'll see it in the numbers. Let's not run around like chickens bawking about numbers going up, down, or sideways until we have some actual real quantifable data rather than just anecdotal personal experience which may be colored by our merely human subjectivity.

Paige

Sure, they ignore 95% of users.... i mean "arseholes"! Just look at subs rate and gorgeous F2P future. :rak_03:
If I'm customer support answering phones and 2 calls come in, the one yelling the loudest will be my first option to speak with - unless their phone number or voice is recognized as one that calls in every waking moment screaming. Those get put back in the queue and I'll speak with customers who genuinely need help and not therapy. Edited by GalacticKegger

If I'm customer support answering phones and 2 calls come in, the one yelling the loudest will be my first option to speak with - unless their phone number or voice is recognized as one that calls in every waking moment screaming. Those get put back in the queue and I'll speak with customers who genuinely needs help and not therapy.

Hmm... If customer support is all what you need... Well, okay!

Hmm... If customer support is all what you need... Well, okay!
They are the folks tasked with listening and routing issues to the proper authorities. If all they hear is noise then they have no choice but to tend to the next customer's inquiry. Bioware answers my questions in a timely fashion, probably because my tone and intent is to get an answer and not piss anyone off.

If it's inside information one is looking for ... why shroud everything in secrecy? It's a $multibillion industry where reverse engineering is a genuine concern. I'll respect that, with the emphasis on respect.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Speaking for everyone is above any one person's paygrade. So personally speaking, it bears repeating: I choose to not embrace a miserable existence. Whether or not others choose to is, well ... their choice. So please exclude me from "everyone" in that regard.

Someday the game will go away. They all do. When that happens I'll do something else. MMOs are not my path to enlightenment or self esteem. So whatever happens is just not that important.

Yeah, but you can't tell me seeing a game you had high hopes for crumbling like a

has no effect on you at all.

Or at least if you can they you probably weren't a particularly great fan of the game to begin with..... I know after WAR I never look at Dev actions and words in the same way as I did before it.

Yeah, but you can't tell me seeing a game you had high hopes for crumbling like a
has no effect on you at all.

Or at least if you can they you probably weren't a particularly great fan of the game to begin with..... I know after WAR I never look at Dev actions and words in the same way as I did before it.

Your assumptions are (a) I had high hopes for the game, and (b) it is crumbling like a Demolished Skyscraper. Your first assumption is more like a wild guess that missed the bullseye, the target and the hillside it stands on. The game came as advertised for me because I made no insinuations & read nothing into their promotional material. Your second assumption is merely that. If people want to go through life reactiing to assumptions like a pinball that's their choice. Edited by GalacticKegger

Your assumptions are (a) I had high hopes for the game, and (b) it is crumbling like a Demolished Skyscraper. Your first assumption is more like a wild guess that missed the bullseye, the target and the hillside it stands on. The game came as advertised for me because I made no insinuations & read nothing into their promotional material. Your second assumption is merely that. If people want to go through life reactiing to assumptions like a pinball that's their choice.

Well yes if (a) you don't care how this game goes........... then you won't care how this game goes (that is not a surprise, but nor is it really anything else).

(b)-wise, well F2P may go many ways, one of which is the WAR way, but clearly subscrption model-wise it's largely crumbled just like that. :(

Well yes if (a) you don't care how this game goes........... then you won't care how this game goes (that is not a surprise, but nor is it really anything else).

(b)-wise, well F2P may go many ways, one of which is the WAR way, but clearly subscrption model-wise it's largely crumbled just like that. :(

Why is that not a surprise? (b)-wise, the 3 servers I play on (Drooga's, Jedi Covenant and Begeren) are packed 24x7, fleet typically has more than one instance (the second instance averages >100 during peak times in the central U.S. - up from the couple dozen it averaged right after the transfers) and even planets have over 100 players on them continually. Not exactly DIW. Edited by GalacticKegger

Why is that not a surprise?

Because if someone doesn't really care how the games goes, then they won't care how the game goes and vice versa.

It's like saying that some that doesn't like chocolate cake doesn't really care if there is no chocolate cake. :eek:

(b)-wise, the 3 servers I play on (Drooga's, Jedi Covenant and Begeren) are packed 24x7, fleet typically has more than one instance (the second instance averages >100 during peak times in the central U.S.) and even planets have over 100 players on them continually. Not exactly DIW.

Yeah the remaing servers seem fairly stable, but sub-wise 1,700,000 to ~700,000 or less in 8 months isn't good (factoring in total sales it's ~24% retention rate).

Edited by Goretzu

Because if someone doesn't really care how the games goes, then they won't care how the game goes and vice versa.

It's like saying that some that doesn't like chocolate cake doesn't really care if there is no chocolate cake. :eek:

I like chocolate and I LOVE chocolate cake. But if there is nothing chocolatey available to eat, then I'm fine with that. Eventually chocolate cakedom will happen, so I will simply look forward to it and grab another snack to satisfy my sweet tooth. Not imploding because there's no chocolate to eat doesn't mean I don't like chocolate. What it does mean is that "I want it and I want it now" plays an insignificant role in my thought process. Edited by GalacticKegger

I like chocolate and I LOVE chocolate cake. But if there is nothing chocolatey available to eat, then I'm fine with that. Eventually there will be cake to eat, so I will simply look forward to it and grab another snack to satisfy my sweet tooth. Not imploding because there's no chocolate to eat doesn't mean I don't like chocolate. But it does mean that "I want it and I want it now" doesn't dominate my decision making process.

Again thought if you don't particularly like Chocolate cake it's no surprise if you're not bothered if somone vomits all over said chocolate cake.

But if you do like it and you've had a piece and you really want more and someone does, they probaby not so much.:)

Again thought if you don't particularly like Chocolate cake it's no surprise if you're not bothered if somone vomits all over said chocolate cake.

But if you do like it and you've had a piece and you really want more and someone does, they probaby not so much.:)

Someone vomits all over said chocolate cake? Like the griefers in these forums? I'll just whip out a new cake and let them wallow in their own vomit, periodically checking up on them to be sure they still have a pulse. As long as they clean up their mess I could not care less. Edited by GalacticKegger

Somone vomits all over said chocolate cake? Like the griefers in these forums? I'll just whip out a new cake and let them wallow in their own vomit. As long as they clean up their mess I could not care less.

Yeah, but you can't just whip out a new Star Wars MMORPG. If you're lucky another one will be along in another decade or so.

Edited by Goretzu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.