BiS Shadow Balance PVE

ICSWOR

I been working on trying to figure out the BiS for my character.

Below is what I am wearing and I think BiS.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/fcf0f2c2-2e7c-4dbf-b22b-d4d75c4991bc

I have done multple runs of SimC ( http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft-swtor/ ) and some parses. Need to run more parses. But with SimC i am seeing 1956 DPS (patchwerk), I have tried switching out lots of gear and can't get any higher. I swaped out a crit for power mod but it didn't change my overall DPS and i had expected it to make more of a diffrence.

Looking for opinions (fact based) on what you think BiS would be for a balance shadow (PVE). I have or can easly obtain any mod/enh/relic to make a change if I can get better DPS.

One thing you will notice in my profile is I am using project, if I take out project my DPS drops in SimC. Which poses another question when does running project gain you DPS? I know in the past pre 1.3 no project was thought of as the higher DPS build based on SimC runs.

Lu'cius

• 2 weeks later...
I been working on trying to figure out the BiS for my character.

Below is what I am wearing and I think BiS.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/fcf0f2c2-2e7c-4dbf-b22b-d4d75c4991bc

I have done multple runs of SimC ( http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft-swtor/ ) and some parses. Need to run more parses. But with SimC i am seeing 1956 DPS (patchwerk), I have tried switching out lots of gear and can't get any higher. I swaped out a crit for power mod but it didn't change my overall DPS and i had expected it to make more of a diffrence.

Looking for opinions (fact based) on what you think BiS would be for a balance shadow (PVE). I have or can easly obtain any mod/enh/relic to make a change if I can get better DPS.

One thing you will notice in my profile is I am using project, if I take out project my DPS drops in SimC. Which poses another question when does running project gain you DPS? I know in the past pre 1.3 no project was thought of as the higher DPS build based on SimC runs.

Lu'cius

forgot to mention in the other thread, one setting for my SC is "light movement," not "patchwerk." how much does your dps increase by with project in your rotation and where do you fit it in your rotation? have you tried inputting the mk3 earpiece? i think its force healer mk3, not sure? but its supposed to have better stats than the mk1, but ive yet to see one drop.

-adrenalynn

Okay I ran some tests.

SimC : left most options to default but I changed fight length to 350 and vary length to 0. Also did 50k iterations. The reason I change fight length was to average out the use of the adrenals and CD's.

Using my equipment profile the below numbers is what I get out of SimC :

Using project and 2 points in expertise -

Patchwerk : 1960 DPS

Light Movement : 1923 DPS

Heavy Movement : 1684 DPS

No project and 2 points in expertise -

Patchwerk : 1951 DPS

Light Movement : 1912 DPS

Heavy Movement : 1593 DPS

The use of project isn't normally a great increase in DPS except in the case where there is heavy movement. I believe this is because during heavy movement you have more time to regain force, its almost a 100 DPS diffrence. They way I tend to use project now is on a very low priority, I am either about to hit saberstrike or shadowstrike then I use the project. Also those times where I have a few seconds of downtime right before Toth jump or Probes about to die etc. Since you can spec with project without losing any DPS all you lose is the force lift increases but thats for PVP, it doesn't hurt to have it.

Looking at your equipement in comparsion to mine. Besides the 61 armoring for bracers and waist(took us 10 weeks before we saw this drop, luckly our crafted managed to RE it), you have an extra power mod where i have a crit mod otherwise the equipment is the same. I then "replaced" my mod with the power one and reran SimC. What was very intresting is there was no change in DPS I get the same numbers as listed above.

I did try some runs with MK-3 force earpiece but I couldn't get higher numbers then what's listed above, need to try more combinations.

I tried doing some combat operations dummy parses, but I think I am getting too much lag on the fleet.

If you wouldn't mind can you do a 3 or 6 minute parse on the dummy, with raid buffs and stims and post it on Torparse.com

Thanks

Lu'cius

P.S I don't normally run with expertise, just like forcespeed and resilience coming back faster. Its about 3-4 DPS drop not using expertise.

• 2 weeks later...

With exactly the same spec and almost complete full-BH (2 Rakata pieces) I was parsing average 1,406 dps on an Ops dummy over 11 minutes: http://pics.livejournal.com/tsokotukher/pic/0003fcew

Bursts were like 1800-1900 (which was totally not my goal).

Have no idea if SimulationCraft is at all worth it because you would hardly learn to watch multiple Balance procs and cooldowns this way. Just saying. Getting a dummy at your ship will remove lags.

UPD: Actrually this is for 58 hilt - did a quick parse now with 61 hilt, dps went up more or less by 100.

Edited by Feoktist

When I parse on the operations dummy over an extended period my dps seems to average at about 1600 dps. how are you getting over 1900 on the operations dummy? make sure it is operations and not pvp. Granted, this is without adrenals but that seems like a huge gap. I am full campaign/bh and itemized. I have a good understanding of the class but perhaps not if you are parsing over 1900 on operations dummy lol.

SimC is perfect conditions, no lag, no delay in hitting abilities, perfect priority rotation, exotech stims, exotech adrenals, full buffs and full armor debuffs on target, so yes its going to be higher than parsing.

Its just a tool that can only take you so far. That's why I was asking for combat dummy parses, which also aren't exactly perfect either.

I wanted to see other players parses

All character buffs, Rakata Stim and Adrenal are fine

6 minute parse, to average out the adrenal, cd times

Post it on http://www.torparse.com using your character name that way its viewable by anyone

Plus you can upload raid runs there as well.

• 2 months later...

The most i have been able to get out of my balance shadow is sustaining around 1700-1750dps. Based on a 6-7min dummy parse with buffs, no adrenals.

I have read in posts people hitting the 1800+ and would love to know how they do that or if they are using a guardian/commando for the debuff to the dummy.

I recently changed from infil to balance and am loving the extra sustained dps of balance but am open to new ideas to max out my dps.

This was a quick run last night after putting in an extra crit mod, but you get the idea. If you look at the point before i stop attacking i was sitting around 1750. Also a few logs slightly lower too.

Would love to hear from some guys hitting 1800+ because i can't see how this would be achieved.... unless full 63's or maybe armor debuffs from external help (guardian/commando).

I might go check out some logs from Chukles, he seems to be solid balance dps.

http://www.torparse.com/a/55281/5

SimC is perfect conditions, no lag, no delay in hitting abilities, perfect priority rotation, exotech stims, exotech adrenals, full buffs and full armor debuffs on target, so yes its going to be higher than parsing.

Its just a tool that can only take you so far. That's why I was asking for combat dummy parses, which also aren't exactly perfect either.

I wanted to see other players parses

All character buffs, Rakata Stim and Adrenal are fine

6 minute parse, to average out the adrenal, cd times

Post it on http://www.torparse.com using your character name that way its viewable by anyone

Plus you can upload raid runs there as well.

SimC is invalid if you modify the talent tree ID code in the config file, because it works off a non-existent build AFAIK.

Untouched in that respect, SimC will parse a BiS 61 shadow for about 1680-1700.

The most i have been able to get out of my balance shadow is sustaining around 1700-1750dps. Based on a 6-7min dummy parse with buffs, no adrenals.

I have read in posts people hitting the 1800+ and would love to know how they do that or if they are using a guardian/commando for the debuff to the dummy.

I recently changed from infil to balance and am loving the extra sustained dps of balance but am open to new ideas to max out my dps.

The people you're describing are augmenting to an extent for power to gain a greater yield from Twin Disciplines. I'm not sure exactly to what extent you need to augment for power for this to be viable (if at all).

In actual fact, I would suggest a better thing to do would be to hit project before hitting an adrenal only. That would bump your base weapon damage 12.3 for melee attacks for the duration, which is roughly the equivalent of going from a 61 to a 63 hilt.

Highest dummy parse I've seen to date is 1800 and the guy was in a fair chunk of optimised dread guard gear (almost entirely).