The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

war hero armor template for assault

Aelaias

Here is my "BiS" PvP build. This is what I use and it is extremely good at hitting hard but still having a decent crit chance.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/8cb655f0-77ae-4d73-b396-c6fd538a8a85

Using Stat priority of Aim > Power > Crit, but I still use Crit on the chest piece but most of the +crit chance is from Aim.

The only thing not included is a Reflex Adrenal, which if using the Rakata version will give you about +120 Aim (when using the +9% talent) and +46 Power.

edit: It might not link you to the right one, I've been trying to fix it but can't seem to get it to show the build named "Kaio-ken PvP Build 1".

Edited by iNeXxS

I'm just curious If you stack any surge? You were talking about hitting hard but surge isn't in your priority stat listed? I'm only lvl 44 ATM and tbh I haven't really checked the bm or wh gear for VG yet. I was just wondering if surge was an option or if you could jus use augments to stack that?

Thanks

Edited by Keonachak

So power is to way to go? Some say crit chance. Anybody else have an opinion?

In PvP, I try to maximize how hard I hit. I use more crit chance in my PvE build because you're relying more on your DoTs, but in PvP you need the most burst possible when running a full 31pt build. You're also getting a +15% crit chance on High Impact Bolt from the set bonus and the Battle Focus ability lets you do tons of damage when stacking power.

The main reason why stacking power is so effective is because you get +30% surge on Assault Plastique and High Impact Bolt, so the Bonus damage multiplies even better with a crit.

I'm just curious If you stack any surge? You were talking about hitting hard but surge isn't in your priority stat listed? I'm only lvl 44 ATM and tbh I haven't really checked the bm or wh gear for VG yet. I was just wondering if surge was an option or if you could jus use augments to stack that?

Thanks

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I use Surge enhancements in every piece. I would not recommend Surge augments. The only pieces that I do not use Surge in are my implants (Annihilator) because I already get 78% from my gear. I have found that at 78% you've pretty much found the sweet spot. Going with the Boltblaster (Surge) implants would only make you LOSE +Aim and +Power and the Surge gain would be tiny. Overall you do more damage from taking the Annihilator implants with accuracy than the Boltblaster implants with Surge.

I see you are using combat tech legs. I went with combat tech helm for my BM. Does it make a difference.

When first getting WH, buying the legs gave my the most amount of Power and Surge. Eventually it won't matter once you remod everything but as stock WH, Combat Tech legs and the rest Eliminator are the best option.

Edited by iNeXxS