The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

A few questions

Katano

Hi :)

I first played this game at launch, sadly i had a horrible PC and the game was on low settings and laggy so i really couldn't get into it. Now i got a new gaming PC and it runs great so i want to invest fully in my character now. I have a few questions though.

I did every class's starter world but nothing beyond that. I'm wondering which classes have the "best" story line. When i say best i mean most interesting in your opinion, most fun, most choices etc.

Another question, i remember reading that you can be sith but you dont have to be evil and you can be a jedi but you dont have to be good. Is that true? Can i have lets say a sith warrior thats not exactly good but not evil either, i don't like random violence i kind of like the idea of combining both light and dark side elements for my character so im wondering if it will fit with the story.

For RP servers. I have nothing against RP'ers and i enjoy watching it from time to time but i am not exactly an RP'er myself. However i have found that their servers are usually alot more helpful to new players and im basically a noobie so would it be ok if i rolled a character there?

Last question: What is there to do once the main story is over? Have they released continuations to the main story since launce or do they plan on it? Or is it just over and you do end-game contents like PvP and such?

Hi :)

I first played this game at launch, sadly i had a horrible PC and the game was on low settings and laggy so i really couldn't get into it. Now i got a new gaming PC and it runs great so i want to invest fully in my character now. I have a few questions though.

I did every class's starter world but nothing beyond that. I'm wondering which classes have the "best" story line. When i say best i mean most interesting in your opinion, most fun, most choices etc.

They're all quite good IMO, BH, Smug, Jedi.

Another question, i remember reading that you can be sith but you dont have to be evil and you can be a jedi but you dont have to be good. Is that true? Can i have lets say a sith warrior thats not exactly good but not evil either, i don't like random violence i kind of like the idea of combining both light and dark side elements for my character so im wondering if it will fit with the story.

Sure will,your choices make the story

For RP servers. I have nothing against RP'ers and i enjoy watching it from time to time but i am not exactly an RP'er myself. However i have found that their servers are usually alot more helpful to new players and im basically a noobie so would it be ok if i rolled a character there?

Yep, no worries

Last question: What is there to do once the main story is over? Have they released continuations to the main story since launce or do they plan on it? Or is it just over and you do end-game contents like PvP and such?

Yes, and 7 more alts to see the story intertwine,have fun.

Welcome

Edited by Estimate
coloring

First of all, Welcome Back.

The best class story? That is a tough one. I'm sure 8 people could give you 8 different answers to which one is best. However, after playing a Jedi Knight and a Consular to level 50, a Smuggler to 35 and a Bounty Hunter to 15 I would say I have had more fun with the Smuggler Story line so far. It has some great characters and some cracking 1 liners. There's also the opportunity to flirt with multiple NPC which can't be missed.

Each class has a choice of Light or Dark Side options in their actions and conversations. So you can be a full Light Sith or a full Dark Jedi. Of course you can be varied in your choice of options and stay Neutral, however, this currently has some downfall as there is less Neutral gear in the game then being Light or Dark.

Server wise, if you wish to reroll on a RP server then you can. However, I have been on both PvE and PvP servers and have had no problem with asking people question, for help or advice.

Currently there no new story added to the game. This is scheduled to be release in the year, with various other stuff (new planet, new species, new flashpoint etc.). Once you reach 50 you have a selection of things to do: Hard Mode Flashpoints; Belsaive, Blackhole and Ilum Daily Quests; Story, Hard and Nightmare Mode Operations. There are various Vehicle, Weekly and Daily Achievements to do.

I hope this helps.

played most the storylines. Like them all, they all have good points. I'd say the top in interesting plot twists, believeable NPC's, etc. go to the Agent and the Scoundrel for tops, with Bounty hunter shortly after. Jedi Knight is good as well (same with the jugg on sith side), though id still hedge my bets on Agent.

light/dark is an aspect of individual quest choices. If your really playing the character, and not just choosing your answers based on light/dark points, you'll probably find yourself in some difficult (read interesting) situations where you have to make tough decisions. the situations below behind the spoilers are two examples'

Republic side:

on a quest on Corusant, you are tasked with obtaining files on a corrupt Senator. during the process, the senators aide discovers you. the light side choice is to admit that he's right, and that you should let democracy triumph (even if you disagree with the senator). the dark option is to get the files that would actually aid a rebel group in exposing the senator.

My empathetic side desired to help the rebel group (because the politician was corrupt). but I would get dark side points on my light jedi to do this.

Empire side:

in a slave camp, you are tasked with tainting the water source for the group of slaves who rebelled. the original NPC only wants you to deliver enough do cause server pain in the affected (i.e. torture them) as part of an experiment. his aid dislikes the man, and would prefer to do the more human thing (which would also make him look better). What is the human thing you ask? overdose the slaves instead, killing them rather then letting them die a slow, painful death.

that one was tough for me, as my character was a light sith from a perspective of freedom. but i only had the choices of killing, or torturing slowly. so a merciful death was honorable to me (and netted light points).

Server wise, don't matter. most the populace is reasonable mature. the larger population servers will tend to have more trolls by sheer nature of population distribution, but i haven't had too many issues that weren't solved with a quick 'ignore'.

and the end game material was stated above. Ops (raid), flashpoints (small group instances), PvP (if its your bent, im not a fan), or even better....rolling alts. the legacy system rewards you for rolling alts, as well as leveling your toons to level cap. plenty of tasty stuff in legacy if you don't mind playing more then one toon. Crafting is also more enjoyable in this game then most.