Sentinel Rotation

I have been getting destroyed almost every battle on Tatooine, but I am finally finished and ready to go to Alderaan.

I would like to get a proper rotation down, as of currently I have been doing: Force Leap, Master Strike/Force Sweep (depending on amount of enemies), Zealous Strike, Blade Storm, then strike/slash while waiting for Master Strike or Force Sweep to regen. My skill tree was all messed up and had no pattern as well.

I am aware of the build guides but they all assume I have the abilities of Merciless Slash, Precision Slash, and Blade Rush, which I don't have yet.

I am seeking specifics such as how exactly to fill out my skill trees at my current level of 30 with my 21 skill points available. I have researched and some recommend only using one tree and some disagree. Combat is more my "style" but I've heard that's mainly for PvP and I really don't care about that as of right now. I just want to do the main quests.

1.Click this link for Sentinel tips

2. Combat isn't more geared towards PvP it's just arguably better in certain situations (Great for bursting people down and in Voidstar and Huttball for Transcendence and the three Roots). Watchmen on the other hand has a little bit of self-healing and two interrupts to hassle healers and consistently snare people with talents affecting Cauterize, also they can sort of spread their damage to multiple targets with Overload Saber and Cyclone Slash.

3. All that said, just spend your 21 points in the tree you want to focus on they way those talent builds I included say.

2. Combat isn't more geared towards PvP it's just arguably better in certain situations (Great for bursting people down and in Voidstar and Huttball for Transcendence and the three Roots). Watchmen on the other hand has a little bit of self-healing and two interrupts to hassle healers and consistently snare people with talents affecting Cauterize, also they can sort of spread their damage to multiple targets with Overload Saber and Cyclone Slash.

3. All that said, just spend your 21 points in the tree you want to focus on they way those talent builds I included say.

Thanks for the link but I am still confused as I don't have the proper abilities to complete the rotations yet. I like the idea of being able to heal (it sucks using your ONE recovery per battle and then getting low on health and waiting until the inevitable happens.

Edited by LightSidePoints

This is the build you're going to want to use for Watchmen spec at your level.

My modified Priority list for your level (you're only really missing two abilities here)

1.Overload Saber: This is your highest damage burn, use it religiously

2.Cauterize: Use this off cooldown when available but only when Overload Saber and Merciless Slash are on cool down.

3.Slash: Used as a Centering builder and has a 33% chance to reset the cooldown on Cauterize

4.Zealous Strike: Use off cool down whenever your have less than six focus.

5.Force Leap: Focus Builder plus mobility plus interrupt. Use it as religiously or as sparingly as the current fight requires.

6. Master Strike: You can use this right after leap, but you wont always have it available if you're doing multiple groups.

7.Strike: Builds focus. Nuff said.

You can also use Blade Storm if you have the focus available, but typically it's just better to use Slash to proc the Reset on Cauterize. Also while questing use Rebuke liberally.

And as an explanation for Priority Lists, if 1 is on cooldown our you don't have the Focus for it, move down to 2 then 3 then 4 and so on, when starting a fight always always always Force Leap in and either immediately use Zealous Strike or Overload Saber, depends on if you want to build up your burns first or your Focus.

Edited by BlznSmri

I have been getting destroyed almost every battle on Tatooine, but I am finally finished and ready to go to Alderaan.

I would like to get a proper rotation down, as of currently I have been doing: Force Leap, Master Strike/Force Sweep (depending on amount of enemies), Zealous Strike, Blade Storm, then strike/slash while waiting for Master Strike or Force Sweep to regen. My skill tree was all messed up and had no pattern as well.

I am aware of the build guides but they all assume I have the abilities of Merciless Slash, Precision Slash, and Blade Rush, which I don't have yet.

I am seeking specifics such as how exactly to fill out my skill trees at my current level of 30 with my 21 skill points available. I have researched and some recommend only using one tree and some disagree. Combat is more my "style" but I've heard that's mainly for PvP and I really don't care about that as of right now. I just want to do the main quests.

Combat only becomes comes to its fruition once you reach enough points to take advantage of precision slash and blade rush. In other words, there is no proper rotation to speak off until you hit level 40 or more.

Sentinels are very gear dependent, that should be your number 1 priority right now. If you still want to run around in greens from lower levels to save credits but still want to confront mobs equal or more to ur current level, expect to be smashed.

I have been playing over 3 Sents since the game started, and had no problems facerolling mobs up to 50. I kept my gear current to my level at all levels, minimum blues with a huge ratio of purple gear.

I'll take a bit of a different tack, since the OP's problem sounds like survivability.

By Level 30 you have a number of useful defensive abilities, in addition to Rebuke (which you should should just before any pull you think might be problematic):

1) Disable droid: take the biggest droid you can out of the fight whenever possible

2) Pacify: this is an extremely powerful debuff against landscape mobs (strongs and elites)

3) Saber Ward: another ability that allows you to take almost no damage for a moderate period of time, and the cooldown is not that long

4) Transcendence: yet another damage reduction ability; in most cases, Zen will be preferable, but this does have the ability to increase your survivability slightly.

5) Force Camo: yet another significant damage reduction with a relatively short cooldown

In addition, Force Sweep and Blade Storm can stun mobs. Later (Level 40) you get Awe, which does the same. Useful for reducing damage at the start of a fight, when fighting a pack. You also have Pommel Strike by Level 30, which will often 1-shot a stunned normal mob if it crits, immediately reducing your incoming damage. When you get Opportune Strike (Level 38), that will allow you to one-shot, or almost kill, another normal mob immediately after Force Leap. Once you have that, Force Leap -> Opportune Strike -> Force Sweep or Blade Storm -> Pommel Strike should take 2 normals out of every pack almost immediately.

Basically, use your damage reduction early, when the largest number of mobs are still alive. Always kill mobs from weakest to strongest, using stuns where possible, and save Pacify for the final, toughest mob if necessary.

I used Kira exclusively from Coruscant onward, and didn't really have many survival issues. Kira will generally solo one mob at a time, without dying unless she decides to go after an elite (and in that case she'll take some hit points off it before dying while you deal with everything else).

Edited by LagunaD

This is the build you're going to want to use for Watchmen spec at your level.

My modified Priority list for your level (you're only really missing two abilities here)

1.Overload Saber: This is your highest damage burn, use it religiously

2.Cauterize: Use this off cooldown when available but only when Overload Saber and Merciless Slash are on cool down.

3.Slash: Used as a Centering builder and has a 33% chance to reset the cooldown on Cauterize

4.Zealous Strike: Use off cool down whenever your have less than six focus.

5.Force Leap: Focus Builder plus mobility plus interrupt. Use it as religiously or as sparingly as the current fight requires.

6. Master Strike: You can use this right after leap, but you wont always have it available if you're doing multiple groups.

7.Strike: Builds focus. Nuff said.

You can also use Blade Storm if you have the focus available, but typically it's just better to use Slash to proc the Reset on Cauterize. Also while questing use Rebuke liberally.

And as an explanation for Priority Lists, if 1 is on cooldown our you don't have the Focus for it, move down to 2 then 3 then 4 and so on, when starting a fight always always always Force Leap in and either immediately use Zealous Strike or Overload Saber, depends on if you want to build up your burns first or your Focus.

Thank you very much sir.

I have reset my skill points and aligned them as recommended. I am lvl. 34 now so I did have a few extra and channeled them up the Watchman Tree so I can get Merciless Slash ASAP. I am a bit worried about losing the ranks in Dual Wield Mastery (+12 dmg. for offhand saber) but I will be able to get those later on.

I referred to the guide as well and have set Zen and Juyo Form to my task bar.

If you have reservations about how dangerously close Juyo Form can bring you to the dark side I suggest that you pick another spec, and if you try to play this spec without Juyo Form at all, well, then there's nothing I can do for you.

lol. Glad others understand the lore behind that.

I'll take a bit of a different tack, since the OP's problem sounds like survivability.

By Level 30 you have a number of useful defensive abilities, in addition to Rebuke (which you should should just before any pull you think might be problematic):

1) Disable droid: take the biggest droid you can out of the fight whenever possible

2) Pacify: this is an extremely powerful debuff against landscape mobs (strongs and elites)

3) Saber Ward: another ability that allows you to take almost no damage for a moderate period of time, and the cooldown is not that long

4) Transcendence: yet another damage reduction ability; in most cases, Zen will be preferable, but this does have the ability to increase your survivability slightly.

5) Force Camo: yet another significant damage reduction with a relatively short cooldown

In addition, Force Sweep and Blade Storm can stun mobs. Later (Level 40) you get Awe, which does the same. Useful for reducing damage at the start of a fight, when fighting a pack. You also have Pommel Strike by Level 30, which will often 1-shot a stunned normal mob if it crits, immediately reducing your incoming damage. When you get Opportune Strike (Level 38), that will allow you to one-shot, or almost kill, another normal mob immediately after Force Leap. Once you have that, Force Leap -> Opportune Strike -> Force Sweep or Blade Storm -> Pommel Strike should take 2 normals out of every pack almost immediately.

Basically, use your damage reduction early, when the largest number of mobs are still alive. Always kill mobs from weakest to strongest, using stuns where possible, and save Pacify for the final, toughest mob if necessary.

I used Kira exclusively from Coruscant onward, and didn't really have many survival issues. Kira will generally solo one mob at a time, without dying unless she decides to go after an elite (and in that case she'll take some hit points off it before dying while you deal with everything else).

Thank you for the tips. I also use Kira and have not bought anything for T7 so he is pretty much not an option. Kira is geared out well and I am too.

I do wish I could wear some nice armored robes though. I hate my medium armor and want to look like, oh, I don't know, a Jedi...

I will keep those abilities in mind. I do use Disable Droid from time to time but I haven't touched Pacify yet.

Thank you for the tips. I also use Kira and have not bought anything for T7 so he is pretty much not an option. Kira is geared out well and I am too.

I do wish I could wear some nice armored robes though. I hate my medium armor and want to look like, oh, I don't know, a Jedi...

I will keep those abilities in mind. I do use Disable Droid from time to time but I haven't touched Pacify yet.

I remember levelling my combat sentinel. Had to call in help from a random trooper for the act 1 boss, and was highly disappointed in my Sent... the next mission, I started using pacify. Suddenly, elites weren't an overpowered mook that I can only dream of fighting. The trick I used was to make sure that Kira was the one grabbing all the aggro, letting her use her defensive cooldown, then mixing in pacify and stasis to extend her lifespan. When she dies, I can use my own defensive cooldowns to extend the fight long enough to win.

Sentinels are a powerful class, but they're hell to level, and unless you understand a lot of the tricks to it, you have a ton of trouble. Defensives are just as important as a good rotation.

nice post

which ability is the healing ability ? for Sent ? I have predominantly watchmen spec

Sentinel healing comes from Overload Saber and Cauterize crits and Zen while in Juyo form.

thats a great guide you have - wish i had found it a month ago

I have a fly text green number that "flys" - its quite often 0

would that be the self heal ?

and its 0 because Im not stacking or critting etc ?

There is also a skill that makes the stun break ability heal you.

I don't think the fly-text (or combat log) accounts for over-healing, but the only reason I can think for seeing a green 0 would be if you were already at full health.

I can't recall ever seeing a 0 heal on any class.