star wars lost scene

Kane_Ren

I'm so glad I bought the full saga on blu-ray and the bonus scene on tatooine between luke and biggs was something i'd known about for many years but finally got to see. This got me thinking about another scene I have evidence was shot but has been discredited by certain people.

In RTJ when luke fights the rancor, there was a scene where luke force leapt up to the grill that slid over and dangled from it before his fingers were slammed and he dropped down. I actually have the image in a book that i should dig out and share. It shows luke hanging with a Jawa and possibly a Gammorean looking through. There was an article many years back in the official SW mag with a readers letter asking about the scene. The official reply was derogatory at the very least and rubbished the fact it ever existed. My reply to them was never answered, and I lost the issue in question. Has anyone else seen or heard anything about this? I can't even remember if this was ever in the original theatrical release but with my book I at least know there were shots taken. Anyone else seen or heard about it?

I think that was in the novelization of RotJ. There are several major differences between the novels and the movies.

That is where Vader was first mentioned to have been put into lava by Obi-Wan, resulting in his wearing the armor.

A funny scene in the novel is where Luke is taken before the Emporer. Somehow, Yoda's name comes out, and the Emperor basically says "Who is Yoda"?

In the ESB novelization, General Veers AT-AT is destroyed by kamakazi Snow speeder too.

The original SW novel says the emporer is basically a puppet, the Moffs and the like have all the power.

Retcon FTW!

I think that was in the novelization of RotJ. There are several major differences between the novels and the movies.

That is where Vader was first mentioned to have been put into lava by Obi-Wan, resulting in his wearing the armor.

A funny scene in the novel is where Luke is taken before the Emporer. Somehow, Yoda's name comes out, and the Emperor basically says "Who is Yoda"?

In the ESB novelization, General Veers AT-AT is destroyed by kamakazi Snow speeder too.

The original SW novel says the emporer is basically a puppet, the Moffs and the like have all the power.

Retcon FTW!

And this is why I don't read novelizations for films 99% of the time. I like how the actual film had Sidious laughing at Luke because Luke spilled the beans that Yoda is dead. And the origin of "Little Green Friend."

I've not read any novelization with that scene, but the picture I have is no drawing. It's a movie image showing Mark Hamill in the actual shot, therefore it was actually filmed. After a cursory look, the book has not turned up yet, I'd love to show it. Edited by Kane_Ren
grammar