Space Warfare could make it or break it

Daethorz

When I first heard about Swtor, I thought it was going to have some incentive amazing space battles and such, but after seeing every one of them firsthand... they are fun the first few times you play them, but become a grind quickly.

This is the representation of what I expected space battles to be based off:

Re-create a system kind of like EVE where you can fly your own ship around the universe, get into random battles with enemy's that you find and have a large dynamic random event system in space where the republic will randomly send in a small fleet of warships and begin a war over a planet, and sometimes a massive war where the empire and republic fleets meet.

SWTOR already has the components that makes a MMO good, but it now needs to set itsself apart from the competition with its own unique features.

And don't forget one of the main things we loved about the movies, was the space battles.

Edited by Daethorz

Star Wars Galaxies is not this game, well at least Jump to Lightspeed.

No one listened to BW telling us they are making a 3D, or at least altered version of the space combat we have now it seems...

3D will not change anything, could care less about anything 3D.

The entire system needs to be redone, right now it looks like its based off a old arcade game, and that's sad, especially for a mmo that cost over 200 million dollars.

Throw in 10 million more dollars bioware, and give us a massive expansion of new features.

Edited by Daethorz

The entire system needs to be redone, right now it looks like its based off a old arcade game, and that's sad, especially for a mmo that cost over 200 million dollars.

Throw in 10 million more dollars bioware, and give us a massive expansion of new features.

...you do know I was talking about no rails right....?

Leave rail guided space combat in the 90's!!!!

90's?! More like the 80's.

Descent was released in 1995 and XvT was released in 1997. Both fit on 5 floppies or less and were 3D flight sims I.e. not on rails.

There is no reason why BW couldn't squeeze in a VM that ran XvT as a mini game within SWTOR.

They are doing a whole revolutionary change of the space system. That's what they stated :)

WIth what dev team? All the current system model abilities are in place. The resources they have are for developing content to fit within the model. They have no teams to work on new models and incorporate them into the game, so it will probably be a long wait if you expect this change to the current model.