Just Do It

OHMYZOD

Implement advance class respecs once and for all. I'm not talking about sorcs becoming agents, just let us stay with in the class. With F2P coming, allow the ppl with subs an option to do this.... or ultimately let us pay per respec. No need for purists to argue anything, if you don't want it then don't use it. Also it's not an issue of " You were told at lvl 10 this is the way". I was not told at lvl 10 that my Mercenary would be decimated to below Gungan janitor status.

Thanks, and make it happen.

Help me understand how it is such a volatile request for this. People get bent outta shape and use BIG words like" qq'ing" and "reroll" . Seriously, how does it have anything to do with you if you are fine with your current spec?

As to the reroll garbage, prolly not gonna happen since i'm currently in 90's valor wise. As to the FOTM comment, who cares what I do. I don't see the logic in another 90+ lvls of time sink, seeing the SAME story all over again because i'd like to check out a fresh playstyle. I mean seriously tell me people that YOU wouldn't check out if the grass greener if you could for at least a second. Juggernauts trying out Marauder, Sorcs trying Assassins and so on.

But hey it's all hate on a subject that might make people wanna stay subbed, I mean after all this community forum is the BOTTOM LINE on what goes down on this game. Nothing like being the Captain of a sinking ship I guess.

Using wow terms so people will understand.

You couldn't respec a shaman into a Hunter.

You couldn't respec from a pally to a Warrior.

Advanced classes are classes unto themselves.Otherwise there would only be 4 classes (BH,SI,SW,IA with mirrors)

If you are asking fro AC respecs you will be surely disappointed, The AC's migth start out with a baseline but when you hit lvl 10 thats when you have to choose an AC and stick with it.

Now for my personal reasons against AC respecs.

1.FOTM re-rolling makes balancing pvp and pve impossible if people can change at the drop of the hat.

2. Gearing up isn't exactly hard now but can add tension to group play "i need this for my <insert spec that im not right now here>

3. People struggle to play 1 spec well, they have access to 2 more as it stands. They dont need 5 more to suck with.

4. Take your ADHD somewhere else, If you really want to be <insert class here> you will level one, it doesnt take long especially if you are rocking over 400 presence.

Dunno if maybe you just didn't wanna read the above posts or not. I said ADVANCED CLASS RESPEC. Not a respec that allows an Agent to become a Juggernaut. A respec that lets you switch in the SAME class. Also notice on how I placed the original post in the Mercenary forum. Thus letting you know I am a Merc and wish to change. I however failed to state that I exclusively pvp, thus the reason I am at 93 valor. Take a look at the thread that Bioware started asking every class what they think of their character, then look at how closely identical every Merc post is in that thread. Almost unanimously across the board people are unsatisfied, so this RESPEC would remedy this. No one in the thread asked for any definition you stated, and no one sure as hell brought up " insert crappy mmo here". Remember this is a player's request for something to be developed, not a request for players approval of such. Again I would even pay for this option in the F2P model. If you aren't interested in partaking then dont.

Implement advance class respecs once and for all. I'm not talking about sorcs becoming agents, just let us stay with in the class. With F2P coming, allow the ppl with subs an option to do this.... or ultimately let us pay per respec. No need for purists to argue anything, if you don't want it then don't use it. Also it's not an issue of " You were told at lvl 10 this is the way". I was not told at lvl 10 that my Mercenary would be decimated to below Gungan janitor status.

Thanks, and make it happen.

You will never get away with this request without a negative response from many for several reasons...

1) they have already rerolled and think everyone else should have to put in the same work.

2) they are altaholics and have multiple characters at max level so see above.

3) they are playing a PT/Pyro. (every day more of these guys pop up...which will eventually lead to a nerf...they dont want to make it worse by allowing 90% of DPS Mercs to change AC's at once).

In every phase of Beta people requested AC resets..Mostly a 1 time reset type deal because the info at level 10 is very limited...and at the time was even more vague. Arguements were vast and BW basically said not going to happen because its akin to class changes which is unheard of in MMO's.

Im pretty much on the fence about it...Honestly I would change to PT if given the chance...Ive noticed the three AC's that have heal capabilities have all been Nerfed to hell in one way or another...and the Tank able AC's are all in the TOP PvP class catergory....Tankasins took a hit but are still pretty damn tough. PT and Jugg....MOnster DPS burst!

Op's DPS nerfed, Sorcs Nerfed across the board, Mercs Nerfed DPS, no survival to begin with(DPS specs).

Seriously I would change away from anything with a Heal spec availible in this game....Developers apperently think if you have a couple gimped heals as a DPS AC you need to have everything else nerfed to death...I would change to PT on those grounds alone....Lesson learned if you dont want to be a healer in this game...stay away from AC's that have heals it will hurt your DPS tree's.

Edited by Soljin

Dunno if maybe you just didn't wanna read the above posts or not. I said ADVANCED CLASS RESPEC. Not a respec that allows an Agent to become a Juggernaut. A respec that lets you switch in the SAME class. Also notice on how I placed the original post in the Mercenary forum. Thus letting you know I am a Merc and wish to change. I however failed to state that I exclusively pvp, thus the reason I am at 93 valor. Take a look at the thread that Bioware started asking every class what they think of their character, then look at how closely identical every Merc post is in that thread. Almost unanimously across the board people are unsatisfied, so this RESPEC would remedy this. No one in the thread asked for any definition you stated, and no one sure as hell brought up " insert crappy mmo here". Remember this is a player's request for something to be developed, not a request for players approval of such. Again I would even pay for this option in the F2P model. If you aren't interested in partaking then dont.

I was comparing it to wow so you would understand. Let me try this way.

Powertech(hunter) is a class on its own.

Mercanery(shaman) is a class on its own.

Do you get it now?

If mercs are all having the same issues guess what? its a flaw in the AC's design AKA something they can actually fix. My personal view on it is this.

Mercs arn't that bad, the real issue is PT's are soooo much better its a no brainer what to roll if you are competitive about pvp.

What you are asking for isnt a respec, its the ability to re-roll.

And what happens when Mercenary becomes extremely capable in PvP (Its fine in PvE) in a few months? You'll want another respec to go play the FotM?

^

I love seeing FOTM players torture themselves.

Got a Commando alt - and I'm doing pretty well in Assault (hybrid) spec in regular WZs, and I'm not even full BM. "Don't facetank melee" is probably the most important lesson ranged need to learn in TOR. Yes, they have a lot of ways to get in your face, but that's not an excuse to let them wail on you while interrupting your skills as you try to do at least some damage before you get cut down.

I'm saying this because the vast majority of Sorcs and Mercs that I see don't even try to deny me DPS time on them when I play melee. They just burn their defensive skills and stand there, trying to get a few spells off. In regular WZs, melee often have the attention span of a goldfish. When they see that you're no pushover, that you won't fight on their terms, they switch, exposing themselves to your rightful vengeance.

Edited by Helig

^

I love seeing FOTM players torture themselves.

Got a Commando alt - and I'm doing pretty well in Assault (hybrid) spec in regular WZs, and I'm not even full BM. "Don't facetank melee" is probably the most important lesson ranged need to learn in TOR. Yes, they have a lot of ways to get in your face, but that's not an excuse to let them wail on you while interrupting your skills as you try to do at least some damage before you get cut down.

I'm saying this because the vast majority of Sorcs and Mercs that I see don't even try to deny me DPS time on them when I play melee. They just burn their defensive skills and stand there, trying to get a few spells off. In regular WZs, melee often have the attention span of a goldfish. When they see that you're no pushover, that you won't fight on their terms, they switch, exposing themselves to your rightful vengeance.

Im not going over the same old hat again....This is a clueless post from someone that dabbles in Merc/Commando...a bit. (its pretty easy to talk like this when you can just switch at the first tingle of annoyance).

Your running a hybrid spec...Which Merc/Commando is the absolute worst at (horribad...lost all burst for mediocre heals...)...and Im gonna take a wild guess and say your main is melee....So is mine!

A Merc/Commando couldnt keep me off them unless they have friends to help...They have no Root! This is the only thing that will stop me...Minus their one hard stun on a 1 min CD...Which I wont even bother to trinket....

Merc/Commando has no reliable snare...No root...and since there is no root their heavy resolve KB's are good for one thing....Handing melee a reason to use their 15 sec CD gap closer, possibly gain some resources...If Jugg a 10% dmg buff...Man Melee should be thanking the Devs for making KB's with no root effect...Granted it can be used effectively in Hutball...Never on flat ground...you buy 1.5 secs if your lucky...last time I checked thats not even a full cast.

I do decent on my Merc...average 300 to 350k dmg 25 to 30 kills 0 to 5 deaths...Difference is I hate playing it because its inferior! My Jugg eats Merc/COmmandos for breakfast without trying...im snoozing at the keyboard and wake up to dead Merc/Commandos laying all around me...Its pathetic!

Edited by Soljin

Im not going over the same old hat again....This is a clueless post from someone that dabbles in Merc/Commando...a bit. (its pretty easy to talk like this when you can just switch at the first tingle of annoyance).

Your running a hybrid spec...Which Merc/Commando is the absolute worst at (horribad...lost all burst for mediocre heals...)...and Im gonna take a wild guess and say your main is melee....So is mine!

A Merc/Commando couldnt keep me off them unless they have friends to help...They have no Root! This is the only thing that will stop me...Minus their one hard stun on a 1 min CD...Which I wont even bother to trinket....

Merc/Commando has no reliable snare...No root...and since there is no root their heavy resolve KB's are good for one thing....Handing melee a reason to use their 15 sec CD gap closer, possibly gain some resources...If Jugg a 10% dmg buff...Man Melee should be thanking the Devs for making KB's with no root effect...Granted it can be used effectively in Hutball...Never on flat ground...you buy 1.5 secs if your lucky...last time I checked thats not even a full cast.

I do decent on my Merc...average 300 to 350k dmg 25 to 30 kills 0 to 5 deaths...Difference is I hate playing it because its inferior! My Jugg eats Merc/COmmandos for breakfast without trying...im snoozing at the keyboard and wake up to dead Merc/Commandos laying all around me...Its pathetic!

I don't really know what my "main" is anymore. Got quite a few characters, and playing primarily the Sage atm.

Running Assault\Gunnery Commando, never too far from a LoS object. I manage. I don't butcher War Hero Marauders one on one, but I feel rather comfortable with two knockbacks and constantly resetting cooldown on the shield.

You are welcome to resume Que Queing. That said, a reliable snare would be amazing.

Edited by Helig

Karasuko, yet again you respond with WoW garbage. DONT CARE GUY. You people keep talking about what if mercs get rebalanced, and guess what.... I'm not into waiting on their 3-6 month timeline like they use for EVERYTHING. Server transfers were very timely.... RIGHT. This is an easy fix for them so people can actually participate in things. Mercs flat out arent wanted in Rated WZ"s, not for healing or dpsing. A respec into Powertech for Shield tank or Dps solves this. Whats funny is no one states their character class in these threads, because THEY are playing FOTMs or classes that have NO problems. THEY argue the respec because if the gimped get un-gimped then THEY will be unsafe. Just Do It.

Wow you are just obtuse or a troll.

Each advanced CLASS is its own CLASS. No game on the planet allows you to change your class.

I have a commando (merc) mirror, I enjoy playing with it. I just don't pvp with it due to the short falls, I also have a infil shadow so i know all about playing the underdog.

If you are not wanted in a RWZ team who's fault is that? Heres a hint, if you cant heal and can't dps your valor rank 90 means pretty much nothing, Grats on afking alot of WZ's. Commando healers are godly if they know what they're doing, Commando dps is OK if they are smart.Obviously you don't know what your doing and you are not OK.

Take your childish begging for a respec to the suggestions forum, I'll burn your wanting to be OP arguments down there too.

Edited by Karasuko

Seriously guy, learn when to just go away. OOOOOHHHHH troll words and such, and I afk in wz's oooohhhh. You come here with that garbage and call ME a troll? I'm not rerolling and giving up all the armor and valor cause the bozo patrol comes on here and says so. Different classes? man you need to wake up. Same story, same armor, 90% same abilities. Again dont care what the naysayers say.

Wow you are just obtuse or a troll.

Each advanced CLASS is its own CLASS. No game on the planet allows you to change your class.

I have a commando (merc) mirror, I enjoy playing with it. I just don't pvp with it due to the short falls, I also have a infil shadow so i know all about playing the underdog.

If you are not wanted in a RWZ team who's fault is that? Heres a hint, if you cant heal and can't dps your valor rank 90 means pretty much nothing, Grats on afking alot of WZ's. Commando healers are godly if they know what they're doing, Commando dps is OK if they are smart.Obviously you don't know what your doing and you are not OK.

Take your childish begging for a respec to the suggestions forum, I'll burn your wanting to be OP arguments down there too.

Your WoW analogy is WAY off base. Having played WoW also I can tell you that hunter/shaman (per your initial example) do not share the same storyline, core abilities and a talent tree. NO, SWTOR ACs are NOT the same as WoW classes, not even close, BH ACs are MUCH closer to being WoW buids, such as Paladin dps (Ret) vs. Paladin healing (holy). The different WoW class builds share the same storyline, core abilities and talents. So your analogy is wrong, and just as WoW allows multiple builds, SWTOR should do the same at the core class level. All of your other arguments are void if WoW can allow folks to play as dps, healers, or tanks at will based on an instant respec, then SWTOR can do it too.

Edited by frivera