Whats better: Ops or Assassin

Zatachi

Experienced rogue-player from WoW, played stealthies most of my life over all the games I've played, but I played BH on this game because I'm an avid fan of the Mandalorians. But I figure I might as well milk this game for what it's worth in regards to DPS classes.

So, whats the best stealth in pvp, who takes who out quicker, who has the most utility, etc. Ops or Assassins.

Go.

Experienced rogue-player from WoW, played stealthies most of my life over all the games I've played, but I played BH on this game because I'm an avid fan of the Mandalorians. But I figure I might as well milk this game for what it's worth in regards to DPS classes.

So, whats the best stealth in pvp, who takes who out quicker, who has the most utility, etc. Ops or Assassins.

Go.

Shadows/sins are a lot better right now.

Hybrid shadow/assassin have way more utility and much better sustained damage. Their our of stealth burst is not as much as the scoundrel but they will do more damage over a 15-20s fight.

Sins have:

Sprint, Stealth, Pull, Knock back, stun, slow, mez, zap, immunity for 5s, vanish, high armor, two taunts, guard

Only thing that scoundrels/ops have over sins is

out of stealth damage is much higher, can heal

If you are on the repub side, I'm going to have to say that there is something awsome about uncloaking and putting a shot gun round in the back of someone head at point blank range then continuing bum rap e them while they are down :).

Shadows/sins are a lot better right now.

Hybrid shadow/assassin have way more utility and much better sustained damage. Their our of stealth burst is not as much as the scoundrel but they will do more damage over a 15-20s fight.

Sins have:

Sprint, Stealth, Pull, Knock back, stun, slow, mez, zap, immunity for 5s, vanish, high armor, two taunts, guard

Only thing that scoundrels/ops have over sins is

out of stealth damage is much higher, can heal

If you are on the repub side, I'm going to have to say that there is something awsome about uncloaking and putting a shot gun round in the back of someone head at point blank range then continuing bum rap e them while they are down :).

Important to note that for pvp the power spec is tank/sin, the dps trees of sins Inf/Dec are terribly squishy, second only to sorcs but with no bubble. Ops has better survivablity than dps/sins, but the tank/sin is hard to kill and does decent sustained damage. So your a tank that can stealth, it's not the same as being a rouge in wow.

I think

Ops concealment>Deception Assassin

Ops heal>Tanksin

Ops lethality<Madness assassin

Ops hybrid<Tank hybrid.

Both have good reasons to play./

I disagree... i think Deception Assassin is better. Deception Assassins damage majority isn't right out of stealth and it doesn't just drop, operatives run out of steam really fast and that's the problem with them as far as DPS goes.

Both are really squishy

At least Sin can keep putting out damage that is decent after that opening burst.

Depends on context. For 1v1, concealment. For huttball, assassin. For big brawls? Both suck, but assassin can aoe taunt before he gets squashed.

For being stealthy, concealment.

Flashbang > overload

Frontloaded burst > backloaded burst

Sleep dart > Mind trap

For the things that they have in common, concealment all the way.

Edited by Ahhmyface