Please vote here to have the search function reinstated to the forums

Publicnemani

Please VOTE HERE to have the SEARCH FUNCTION REINSTATED IN THE FORUMS:

So like many others I am particularly challenged by the fact that the search option in the forums is gone.

How do we find the critical game information we need? How do we find information about guilds that are recruiting? How do I follow my own posts?

I have so many game questions, that given the knowledge base of the players on this forum, that not being able to search through the thousands of threads is honestly, limiting my game play experience and it has just started.

I am creating this post as I know that I am not the only player with these frustrations, and hope that with a simple voting thread that perhaps the developers/moderators of the forum might recognize how imperative and integral the search function on the forums is, hopefully stimulating this much needed change sooner than later.

cheers,

PN

Edited by Publicnemani

Hello Publicnemani,

The search function has only been temporarily disabled and will return to service. You can read this post by AmberGreen for more information:

Hello everyone! For the next several days, we will be performing some back end maintenance on the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Forums. During this time, you will be unable to use the search function for the Forums. However, there will be no other effects to you as a user, and you will be able to continue to message, post, reply, and report as normal.

We apologize for any inconvenience. When maintenance has been completed and searching is functional again we will post here, so please watch this thread for any updates or additional information.

You may also use Google to seach a specific domain

try something like this to search for foobar (no quotes) "foobar site:swtor.com/community"

Only problem now is the forum wipe but that will be flushed out of cache eventually.

Hello Publicnemani,

The search function has only been temporarily disabled and will return to service. You can read this post by AmberGreen for more information:

Yes, but admit it, it was kind of crass to take this function down at the very time vast numbers of pre-orderers were entirely expected to be flooding these forums asking the same questions over and over and over again, not least because of utterly confusing things like pre-order and regular product keys, etc.

Terrible planning by the those responsible for this web forum.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.