Custom chat channels should be cross faction.

DarthVici

Hey devs:

As the leader of a guild that is both republic, and imperial ( a mercenary guild) the only way somone from one faction can get the help of their fellows who may be on the opposite faction at that time is to log out, change characters, log in ask for help, log out, change back, and log in.

its a painfully wasteful process. So we tried making a private custom chat channel, and tested it by somone logging over and joining it. they were able to join it, and use it. but the text does not flow cross faction.

i understand that for the most part the day to day republic and imperial players would have limited social contact beyond killing one another. but i think it would be nice for those people out there like me who are trying to run two guilds (and there are more then a few of us) to have this one option for cross factional comunication.

the idea can do nothing except improve comunication in the game, and can have no real negative side effects i can see.

I hope you agree.

I agree!

It would be a very handy thing to have.. It can be frustrating to have to log out and change sides just to see if your friends are playing on the other faction. honestly I don't know why there isn't a 'Frenemies' tab that can allow you to keep track of your friends who are logged into the other side as well..

It's a nice idea :)

though personally I'd say: have an option to make Guilds cross faction (for alts) and then you can chat with the other faction though guild chat.... you could, for example, 'link' two sister Guilds to make one cross faction guild..... but I guess that I'm getting off topic, aren't I? :rolleyes:

c'mon people nobody else agree's with this?

i scream for it from pre-release days (back then a lot of ppl want it,) for a cross faction chat for some vital reasons

personally i almost cant lvl up a cross faction char cuz of this since nobody can inform me if my main char guild / friends do something or need me for something or they know that i need to do it too

at least got 4 lvl 50 of same faction

Edited by Kissakias

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

agreed. I run an Imperial Guild AND a Republic guild. making it so Guilds and all the benefeits of being in a guild cross faction would be Epic.

how cool would it be to be able to put soething in the guildbank on one faction and have another toon be able to access it?

I understand the 'story' reasons for not allowing it, but this NEEDS to happen for ease of play and to increase alts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
I not only agree whole heartedly, but will add to the notion that perhaps the ability to whisper someone of the opposite faction or to be able to group up with them for some operations. How cool would it be to take down the dread guard in TFB with 4 Pubbies and 4 Imps?!?! I know that cross faction grouping may be a programming nightmare, depending on how you have written your code, but I know so many players who would jump at the chance. I can just imagine all the duels that would happen between pulls and when waiting on someone who is AFK... It could be glorious!!

• 1 year later...

I too am trying to connect two faction guilds but being a guild leader of one and an officer of another, only makes sense to have them both work via a custom channel. That way my dad could play a "good" guy and I can keep playing on Imperial side and chat with him.

Please look into this Devs. I pay you loads of dollars more and would continue to graciously support you if you did this for us as a gaming community. Be the first of your kind.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this, I don't even want custom channels for cross faction guilds, that's ridiculous.

All we need is to add two channels, Imp and Pub chat. As bad as bastion server's imbalance is, most imps would turn Pub channel off anyway.. (Can you turn channels off?) I know as a my main pub toon, i'd be on imp chat all night.

Edited by Jboath