WoW Loses 1.1M Subscribers, Down to 9.1M

Taorus

I was more referring to the frankly dishonest and disgraceful way that Blizz treat their fans is equally on par with anything that EA have ever done. The blatant cash cow that is D3 tells you all you need to know about Blizz philosophy on quality products. Add to that the way their CMs even troll their own fans on the official forums and....well....I would rather stick with BW tbh....

Driz

you mean how BW has lied to swtor players from before launch?

how EA is turning swtor into its cash cow

atleast WoW has CM... were is swtors...? this thread would have been locked in minutes before the free to play anouncement.

now we are on over 20 pages

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you mean how BW has lied to swtor players from before launch?

how EA is turning swtor into its cash cow

atleast WoW has CM... were is swtors...? this thread would have been locked in minutes before the free to play anouncement.

now we are on over 20 pages

As a UK player when i was on i dont think i ever saw devs talk to us once on wow.

Edited by Shingara

No surpise, the game is old people are getting bored with it, it will live on I am sure, you know Blizzard\activision is for sale, I think the suites have seen the writing on the wall, we have peaked time to get out.. plus free to play will happen with wow they have already said once it becomes more profitable than subs they will change..

Times have changes since wow launched, more games to choose from for one. :)

That's pretty good.

There is a game out there that, after losing about twice as many subscribers as SWTOR has now, still has 15-18 times the number of subscribers SWTOR has now.

Which game is the epic fail again?

Edited by DarthTHC

I was more referring to the frankly dishonest and disgraceful way that Blizz treat their fans is equally on par with anything that EA have ever done. The blatant cash cow that is D3 tells you all you need to know about Blizz philosophy on quality products. Add to that the way their CMs even troll their own fans on the official forums and....well....I would rather stick with BW tbh....

Driz

What with the new trend in which BW went after they where bought by EA and selling DLC-s for their games on day one of their releases , ME3 comes to mind when content which supposed to be part of the game was cuted out from the game and ended up as DLC for the game when game was released .

Hows that not milking of their customers ?

Edited by Lunablade

People like you need to learn to shut their mouths.

More and more MMO's are going F2P now, soon enough all of them will be. With the gaming market on the Decline its the only way games can stay afloat. Im guessing by the end of this year, maybe end of 2013, all Major games will have gone F2P up to a point.

the only companys who are saying f2 p is the new model and the way forward are compansy who have a free to play mmo and EA who have said more than once that they want to be the market leader for MT games

Blizzard are the market leader for the MMO gene, untill there say they are moving to a free to play model for there games thats when you can say that f2p is the way forward.

GW2 is a B2P game, you buy it and you play it, the shop has nothing but vanity items just like GW1 had.

i give swtor 6 months free to play before it becomes a pay to win game like lotrs and other f2p titles

Using you own rationale...GW2 is a F2P game in every sense....the only differnce is it is F2P after a one off purchase price. All other mechanics / criticisms will apply to GW2...

It has no sub, it has no freemium model...it just has a cash shop...greeeeaaat.

Even the "innovations" in GW2 are just rehashed and recycled ideas from other games....

I give GW2 6 months free to play before it becomes a pay to win game like lotrs and other f2p titles.

Driz

No surpise, the game is old people are getting bored with it, it will live on I am sure, you know Blizzard\activision is for sale, I think the suites have seen the writing on the wall, we have peaked time to get out.. plus free to play will happen with wow they have already said once it becomes more profitable than subs they will change..

No offense, but what are you babbling about?

WoW loses this many subs EVERY time an expansion is about to come out. People finish the current content, unsub while they wait for the next content, then WoW gains all those subs and more back.

Also note that most of the 1.1M was in asia. It's less affordable over there.

sourse or your talking out of your arse

the only companys who are saying f2 p is the new model and the way forward are compansy who have a free to play mmo and EA who have said more than once that they want to be the market leader for MT games

Blizzard are the market leader for the MMO gene, untill there say they are moving to a free to play model for there games thats when you can say that f2p is the way forward.

Market leader?

WoW is a terrible game and it was at launch...

McDonalds burgers...we threaded this one already?

Driz

No offense, but what are you babbling about?

WoW loses this many subs EVERY time an expansion is about to come out. People finish the current content, unsub while they wait for the next content, then WoW gains all those subs and more back.

Also note that most of the 1.1M was in asia. It's less affordable over there.

Proof that they are mostly china players or never happened.

Using you own rationale...GW2 is a F2P game in every sense....the only differnce is it is F2P after a one off purchase price. All other mechanics / criticisms will apply to GW2...

Even the "innovations" in GW2 are just rehashed and recycled ideas from other games....

I give GW2 6 months free to play before it becomes a pay to win game like lotrs and other f2p titles.

Driz

GW2 is B2P not F2P, there's a difference.

Second GW1 was B2P as well and they never added any P2W options. Therefore, I doubt we'll ever see any P2W options in GW2.

Edited by Aricus

Driz

its not free to play you have to buy the box to play the game, thats B2P

swtor come november is a free download, which is F2P

You are on crack.

Diablo3 isn't a perfect game by any stretch but it's decent enough, and Blizzard certainly hasn't been "dishonest" or "disgraceful" towards their customers.

Go read their boards and their players will disagree with you.

shameful money spinning tactics, fail security that has ruined the game already by allowing botters and dupes and the most blatant trade scams become the norm.

Blizz even nerf stats on items that you BUY after you have bought them to force you to spend more....and their CM's troll better than most when their fans complain too....

Driz

Go read their boards and their players will disagree with you.

shameful money spinning tactics, fail security that has ruined the game already by allowing botters and dupes and the most blatant trade scams become the norm.

Blizz even nerf stats on items that you BUY after you have bought them to force you to spend more....and their CM's troll better than most when their fans complain too....

Driz

Yeah but Diablo III is still the number 1 selling PC game globally and has been since release.

Driz

GW1 isnt a pay to win game?

so your saying that f2p title become pay to win

so your sayiing that swtor will soon be a pay to win game

It's not a F2P game, it's a monthly subscription based MMO that has a F2P option if you are happy with restricted access and reduced functionality. Even after November.

If they ever drop the option of a monthly sub then it moves from hybrid to being a F2P game.

Driz

Not surprised at the lost of subs at all for WoW. They did that themselves with the release of D3, which sold over 10 million copies. Not saying all the 1.1 million subs was the result of only D3, but a great majority was I beleave. I know some WoW players who stopped thier sub and quit WoW to play D3, but even when they did, they plan on being back when MOP releases. A lot of those 1.1 million will return . Blizzard still set record revenue profits this quarter and 9.1 million still makes them the top dog on the block. :cool:

GW1 isnt a pay to win game?

so your saying that f2p title become pay to win

so your sayiing that swtor will soon be a pay to win game

By all accounts I've seen, GW1 is not P2W.

F2P easily becomes P2W. It takes a very special publisher to prevent their greed from doing that to the game. ArenaNet has proved to be one of those special publishers.

Can anyone honestly say they believe EA can be one of those special publishers? Do they really have that much integrity and respect for the game and gamers in them?

If you're unsure of that, go find Johnny R's quote on milking BF players 6 hours in.

Where did they say TOR would be a free download in November? It was my understanding that you would still have to buy a copy of the game but you just weren't required to carry a subscription.

Edited by Varteras

It's not a F2P game, it's a monthly subscription based MMO that has a F2P option if you are happy with restricted access and reduced functionality. Even after November.

If they ever drop the option of a monthly sub then it moves from hybrid to being a F2P game.

Driz

No, you don't know what you're talking about.

LOTRO has the hybrid option too. You can either play it for free with restricted access or you can play all content if you pay sub. SWTOR is doing something similar where you can play certain things for free or you pay with a sub and play all content. Though with SWTOR I think you have to pay $15 initially.

Edited by Aricus

Driz

i can play from lvl 1 to lvl 50 and do limited amount of endgame for free?

thats a free to play game

i can play from lvl 1 to lvl 50 and do limited amount of endgame for free?

thats a free to play game

This .

Tehnically its called hybrid model which both LOTRO and AOC have because game still have subscription option but whoever wants to play it for free can from start to finish , only for additional perks players need to pay if they want them.

Edited by Lunablade