Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Subscriber servers <<<< BIOWARE READ

MightyVittey

What if someone starts with a sub and goes f2p? Do they have to transfer? Or they start f2p and then sub? Do they get to move on up to the deluxe apartment in the sky where all the cool kids hang?

I just don't see that ending well.

What if someone starts with a sub and goes f2p? Do they have to transfer? Or they start f2p and then sub? Do they get to move on up to the deluxe apartment in the sky where all the cool kids hang?

I just don't see that ending well.

Just a free transfer, its not that bad. I just noticed another post about this, and everyone there agrees

The problem i see with this proposal is that people may not ALWAYS sub or ALWAYS be F2P. Some people will unsub during times where their real lives are busy and then sub again when they can dedicate more time to the game. Also, many will use the F2P model while leveling a character and then Subscribe once they reach lvl 50 in order to take advantage of the high tier content limited by F2P. If they had separate servers then you would be forced off your server anytime you did not resub, allowing character names and legacies to be taken. Also, I for one have friends that are casual players that will play with the F2P model that I would like to play with, even in the limited capacity allowed by the F2P.

Possible solutions to the worries some have about allowing both on the same server would be to have a dedicated Sub only instance on each planet.

What if my friend joins as F2P? Do i have to unsubscribe to play with him? At the very least i would have to reroll and start a second legacy. I pass. Terrible idea.

No matter what, he will still not be able to do much with you, just because they have VERY LIMITED options. Personnaly (No offense) i dont want your F2P friends on my server, tell them to buy it.

Who the hell would unsub sub unsub and resub and go F2P a bunch of times, sorry but your response is invalid

Even doing it one time is enough.

You are talking about names, legacies, and then the player having to deal with new players as well.

The problem i see with this proposal is that people may not ALWAYS sub or ALWAYS be F2P. Some people will unsub during times where their real lives are busy and then sub again when they can dedicate more time to the game. Also, many will use the F2P model while leveling a character and then Subscribe once they reach lvl 50 in order to take advantage of the high tier content limited by F2P. If they had separate servers then you would be forced off your server anytime you did not resub, allowing character names and legacies to be taken. Also, I for one have friends that are casual players that will play with the F2P model that I would like to play with, even in the limited capacity allowed by the F2P.

Possible solutions to the worries some have about allowing both on the same server would be to have a dedicated Sub only instance on each planet.

Ok, let me give an idea out here, how about just 1 sub server, so subscribers dont have to play on a F2P/Sub server merge.

Just a free transfer, its not that bad. I just noticed another post about this, and everyone there agrees

Well, if everyone in a forum thread agrees, then let it be written! Like someone else mentioned, what if I have friends on that server? Or am part of a guild I really enjoy? If I'm f2p I'm already missing out on some great aspects of this game. If I decide I really like the game and sub, I lose all the friends I made if they don't sub? Or I lose my name/legacy? I think it would lead to thousands more QQ posts and cause even more to leave.

And just to be clear, I have been playing since early access and will continue to sub until I no longer enjoy the game...or the wife agro becomes too much.

Well, if everyone in a forum thread agrees, then let it be written! Like someone else mentioned, what if I have friends on that server? Or am part of a guild I really enjoy? If I'm f2p I'm already missing out on some great aspects of this game. If I decide I really like the game and sub, I lose all the friends I made if they don't sub? Or I lose my name/legacy? I think it would lead to thousands more QQ posts and cause even more to leave.

And just to be clear, I have been playing since early access and will continue to sub until I no longer enjoy the game...or the wife agro becomes too much.

Read new edit

EDIT- New IDEA, how about just another server JUST for subbers who dont want to play with F2P'ers.

Your playing with them now. It really doesnt matter if they are level 1 or 50 does it?

If you dont realize this then why do you need your private sub server?

Well, if everyone in a forum thread agrees, then let it be written! .

no no no havent you learned yet

its not whats said on the forums that matters

now if they had a facebook poll and that showed a clear majority

well then let it be written

Who the hell would unsub sub unsub and resub and go F2P a bunch of times, sorry but your response is invalid

College kids on a fixed budget, during breaks they can sub, while school is in and they don't have as much time they can go F2P.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.