Dumbest story moment ever.

Mirdthestrill

Me: I killed Lord Zash! Hurrah! She's finally gone! I'm my own sith now, and I'm going to rise to the top and no one is going to stop me!

*holoprojector comes on*

Darth Thanaton: Oh hi so yah you're my apprentice now, come to this remote location full of angry force-resistant animals and spirits of the dead.

Me: No possible way I would do that. It's obviously a trap, and it's time to build my power base and consolidate Zash's resources.

My Character: I WOULD LOVE TO!

*at the tomb*

Thanaton: So yeah, go inside the cave, get super powerful stuff for me, come out and give it to me. Be my minion. Try not to die, but it's fine if you do.

Me: No possible way I would do that. It's obviously a trap, and why would I give YOU ancient scrolls of power? I'm turning around and leaving this cave now.

My Character's options:

1. I WOULD LOVE TO

2. I WOULD LOVE TO DO IT CAUTIOUSLY

3. I WOULD GRUDGINGLY LOVE TO DO IT

*sigh*

To crown it all off, after being pushed right into this ridiculous situation and getting caught in the obvious trap, my conveniently vague grandpa appears.

Kallig: That was stupid. You shouldn't have done that.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I understand that there comes a point in the story where they have to have you do a certain thing for the story to progress, but come on. You could at least make it a bit less humiliating.

You will realize that your character is well aware they're walking into a trap but does it anyway for the lulz. This happens all the time, you notice how there is never a response that says "wow you really got me on that one chum."? Unless of course if it's in a sarcastic tone.

You play a honey badger, and honey badger don't give a ****.

Edited by Chikun

I had to look up what a 'honey badger' was .. looks like a wolverine to me.

There's been a couple spots in other class quests where it's so obvious what's about to happen.

Yet the Inquisitor line 'takes the cake'. It would be more entertaining if they'd put Ackbar's voice in the background on your ship or something......

It's also quite silly when you ... prepare to challenge him, then find out he has prepared for your preparation. The only thing missing is a "so there!".

Then you go prepare to face him again and become more powerful, but again he's prepared for you and yet another beat down follows.

You end up going through all this hassle and it never amounts to a 'hill of beans'.

So now you have to go through more hassle to cope with the side effects of what you did to become 'powerful enough' even though it didn't actualy make you 'powerful enough' ...

/sigh

I am still ticked off about that sith killing my agent for refusing to bow to him, and then being robbed of my chance for vengeance as some terrorists killed him. Maybe at some point I get to kill his daughter (to which I am currently forced to take orders from).

Edited by Voranis

I am still ticked off about that sith killing my agent for refusing to bow to him, and then being robbed of my chance for vengeance as some terrorists killed him. Maybe at some point I get to kill his daughter (to which I am currently forced to take orders from).

I won't spoil anything for you... but let's just say things are not as they seem. ;) (I have a 50 sniper)

I understand that there comes a point in the story where they have to have you do a certain thing for the story to progress, but come on. You could at least make it a bit less humiliating.

It fit within my character's story line as I was actually trying to ingratiate myself with Darth Thanaton.

However, I also felt a little annoyed with the way this was treated. Firstly, for a guy following the Code to immediately and blatantly pounce on you. I would have preferred to have worked with him and seen him attempt to undermine me and reacted, rather than "hey, I hate you now". I was looking forward to working with a Darth.

Also, it would have ... don't want to spoil anything ... been interesting to have an honest chat with Thanaton before he makes his final series of disastrous mistakes. I would have liked to have said: "Seriously Dude, I have the same interpretation of the Code as you and was actually the one who got rid of your hated Zash. It is quite unfortunate you weren't willing to work with me -- at all". You asked for this.

- Ord'os

Me: I killed Lord Zash! Hurrah! She's finally gone! I'm my own sith now, and I'm going to rise to the top and no one is going to stop me!

*holoprojector comes on*

Darth Thanaton: Oh hi so yah you're my apprentice now, come to this remote location full of angry force-resistant animals and spirits of the dead.

Me: No possible way I would do that. It's obviously a trap, and it's time to build my power base and consolidate Zash's resources.

My Character: I WOULD LOVE TO!

*at the tomb*

Thanaton: So yeah, go inside the cave, get super powerful stuff for me, come out and give it to me. Be my minion. Try not to die, but it's fine if you do.

Me: No possible way I would do that. It's obviously a trap, and why would I give YOU ancient scrolls of power? I'm turning around and leaving this cave now.

My Character's options:

1. I WOULD LOVE TO

2. I WOULD LOVE TO DO IT CAUTIOUSLY

3. I WOULD GRUDGINGLY LOVE TO DO IT

*sigh*

To crown it all off, after being pushed right into this ridiculous situation and getting caught in the obvious trap, my conveniently vague grandpa appears.

Kallig: That was stupid. You shouldn't have done that.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Been done with the story awhile and don't remember it exactly, but your rendition is hilarious.

Edited by LordHartigan

Falling for Thanaton's trap is really just continuing what started with Zash. Every time Kallig's all, like, "Dude, Zash is totally setting you up!", the general response options are all along the lines of "no way!". Every time Khem's all "this ***** smells funny", the responses are all "shut up, Khem". When Zash has her ceremony set up, and tells you "hey, don't bring Andronikos, he's totally not cool, but Khem and his Force powers are fine..." after you've already been told Zash has built up a resistance to the Force...is it any wonder I brought Andy, only for the game to go "nopelol!". Kinda ticked me off, I admit...

"I WAS BORN TO BE SITH!"

...That's probably the worst line in the game.

Nah, "This is beneath me." or "Perhaps I can lower myself to do this." are. Or at least they are more repetitive and annoying, imho, as they more often fit my dark playthrough.

On the other hand, best line ever "I LOVE SURPRISES!", I damn near fell off my chair when my character yelled that the first time, eyes wide. :D

As for this story moment, yeah, not the SI's brightest moments but I went into it thinking he knew that it was a trap but that he was powerful etc. enough to make it anyway and then shove it in Thanaton's face "yeah, here it is." - " Wh-what? You're not dead?!" - "Nah, why should I be, should that have been dangerous?"

Actually, I brought Khem to Zash's ritual just ... because. What actually happens when you bring Andronikus?

Actually, I brought Khem to Zash's ritual just ... because. What actually happens when you bring Andronikus?

You can't. It's a plot element for Khem's character development later. In case you haven't experienced it yet.

Also, I'm partial to the SI's line on Voss, "Do you think I'm an idiot? Even I wouldn't make a deal with me."