well...

Sarfux

At least it's a hybrid model. Not completely free to play. I hope it is good for the game. I really do. Here's to hoping! :)

F2P is the future of MMO gaming. Not the boogeyman its made out to be. F2P insure's that SWTOR will be here for a long long time....and recieves the funds it needs to grow.

Edited by Taorus

Yes....because heaven forbid a company makes money.

Seriously? You'd be OK with EA asking you to pay money for bullets in an online FPS-game?

Guess their F2P(and later P2W) model is gonna do great afterall with customers like you.

Seriously? You'd be OK with EA asking you to pay money for bullets in an online FPS-game?

Guess their F2P(and later P2W) model is gonna do great afterall with customers like you.

Well...Since I will keep my sub,No. Kept my sub for DDO and LOTRO, and neither of those games are pay-to-win.

Edited by Taorus

What is really funny Sir CEO-EA-NOMMO-F2P is that when the player is on the hill with his AA tank bingo ammos, he will also buy heat seakings missiles. And the real real funny part (House accent) is that the new F2P player is a kid of 9 years old that is still learning morality and stuff, and he will happily use his dads credit card 'cuz its only 6 bucks dude'.

/sarcastic-no-joke

F2P is the future of MMO gaming. Not the boogeyman its made out to be. F2P insure's that SWTOR will be here for a long long time....and recieves the funds it needs to grow.

So why did Bioware choose a backwards-looking model in the first place? And if subs had remained at 2 million or even grown to 3 million would they still have gone f2p?

Funny enough I can't think of any MMO that started as a sub model then went f2p without that MMO being in serious trouble. Was there one that had unprecendented growth in subs then went f2p because "it's the future" that I just don't know about?

What is really funny Sir CEO-EA-NOMMO-F2P is that when the player is on the hill with his AA tank bingo ammos, he will also buy heat seakings missiles. And the real real funny part (House accent) is that the new F2P player is a kid of 9 years old that is still learning morality and stuff, and he will happily use his dads credit card 'cuz its only 6 bucks dude'.

/sarcastic-no-joke

TBO, thats a parenting problem. Not a EA/BW problem. If parents don't lock up their credit cards and or teach their children morality, then they deserve the consequences. Besides 6 years old a below the age of reason and far to young to be hangin out on the internet. Again parenting problem. Nanny State much? :rolleyes:

So why did Bioware choose a backwards-looking model in the first place? And if subs had remained at 2 million or even grown to 3 million would they still have gone f2p?

Why did the chicken cross the road?...Who knows...Who cares?

Funny enough I can't think of any MMO that started as a sub model then went f2p without that MMO being in serious trouble. Was there one that had unprecendented growth in subs then went f2p because "it's the future" that I just don't know about?

DDO was a dead game....LOTRO was a dying game, Both are currently making Turbine money hand over fist. EA looked at the numbers and decided while they are making money... they could make more money. I understand in your youth, you do not understand how the business world works. EA is in the entertainment business to make money, they don't provide said entertainment just so you have something to do.

DDO was a dead game....LOTRO was a dying game, Both are currently making Turbine money hand over fist. EA looked at the numbers and decided while they are making money... they could make more money. I understand in your youth, you do not understand how the business world works. EA is in the entertainment business to make money, they don't provide said entertainment just so you have something to do.

So in other words sub to f2p is a shift that only a dying game makes-so again, why did a major studio choose such a backwards-thinking model in the first place? If they wanted to make more and more money why not start with 'Free to Play' in December? I know- you don't know and don't care-thank you for your insight into the business world.