Pyro for pve.

Faulkal

From looking at the talents for pyro (PPA to be more specific) and the first tier giving alacrity 4% , it seems that stat would be higher on the priority list. Is this true?

I was playing around with the talent calc and instead of going up the arsenal tree , going up the bodyguard tree for another 6% alacrity proc seems like a good idea if the above answer together question is yes . So I'd gather it'd be crit > alacrity > power > surge or something like that. Haven't played max lvl merc yet but just some thoughts I had.

Thanks

Not really.

You just take the first tier talent because 4% alacrity is better than having more health.

A tiny speed increase is better than nothing after all.

And to go into Bodyguard for more alacrity... You'd lose the faster cast time of powershot and "over my dead body" is the phrase I'd use if someone suggested I use a 2 second cast powershot.

Even with the extra alacrity you're not going to cast as fast as you would with the talent.

Since powershot is 30% of your ideal rotation it has priority.

What else are you casting? Unload? That's nothing in the damage chart for pyro.

So to sum up, more alacrity will screw your powershot for no gain since the talent you have to dump for it allows you to cast faster anyway.

Edited by Gyronamics