Kinetic combat, and gearing.

Alyssis

So.. Im lvl 45 atm, and lvling up mostly by pvp.. And its the same when i hit 50.. pvp, til my eyes bleed, mostly..

I have a question tho, for the smarter people with some shadow experience.. About gearing, and playing kinetic.

Is it stupid to go full survivor? Will you still be able to kill someone in a 1vs1, or will the dmg be to bad? And how is it to play as kinetic with the stalker gear instead?

I enjoyed most of my lvling as infiltration, but when i tried kinetic, and got used to it, the survivability was amazing.. And the spec in general is really fun to play.. But im guessing its a bit different from 50 warzones, and 10-49 where i pretty much kill anything without any problems at all..

Is it stupid to go full survivor?

No

Will you be able to kill someone in a 1vs1 or will the damage be too bad?

You will, but the damage won't be good. Healers will be near impossible for you to kill, you'll just be really good at making the other team's day hard. Your job will be protection, meaning your team (especially healers) and objectives.

How is it to play as kinetic with the stalker gear instead?

It's how most people have been doing it. Your survivability takes a noticeable hit but you can actually kill people yourself. Though many are opting for hybrid builds these days.

Edited by Mordeguy

Thanks for the answers!

I really want to be some wall of steel thingie.. I have my conq vigilance guardian, wich is more then enough for dps and killing stuff.. But the survivability on it sometimes is useless.. I think i might try to go full survival, just to have a total difference..

Stalker gear just gives Kinetic more total PvP value.

Current info points that guard damage completely bypasses tank stats on Survivor gear even for attack types that the devs intend for it to work on. If you're doing your job well, most of your damage taken will often be guard damage instead of direct attacks.

It is worthwhile to gear somewhat endurance heavy if you want to be more durable. If you're mostly just solo queuing, there's no reason not to gear straight for dps because you can't rely on other people to kill stuff or healers to keep you alive.

So, my advice would be get stalker gear first. Get 4pc Survivor bonus from armorings only if you want it and play with teams/groups. Then start tweaking mods/enhancements from there for ideal stats - of which probably none will have any tank stats like defense, absorb, etc.

I really want to be some wall of steel thingie.. I have my conq vigilance guardian...

If you really want that, just spec your guardian defense/vigilance hybrid (16/23/2 or similar) and you'll be drastically more durable than a Shadow ever could be.