PvP level differences for Warzones

baznasty

Let's put it this way.

A good lvl 40 will always beat a good lvl 20, even a boosted one.

Better gear + More skills will always win in similar skill level players.

And for some chars like Jedi Sentinel, the difference in those 20 levels is huge.

So no, it doesn't work ATM, and needs better balancing.

So what if we had 10 level brackets? A good level 39 will always beat a good level 30... and the queue times would be 4x longer or so.

I'd be more concerned about the average level for all players on both teams than I would about the one-off duels that people decide to do in a match instead of the objective.

So what if we had 10 level brackets? A good level 39 will always beat a good level 30... and the queue times would be 4x longer or so.

I'd be more concerned about the average level for all players on both teams than I would about the one-off duels that people decide to do in a match instead of the objective.

Queue system should works across the servers, like in Rift

Having it be all levels ensures there will always be a healthy pool of possible players to draw upon. If you start restricting it to 10 level tiers then that could lead to very very very long queues if nobody else is queuing.

It's fine how it is.

Having it be all levels ensures there will always be a healthy pool of possible players to draw upon. If you start restricting it to 10 level tiers then that could lead to very very very long queues if nobody else is queuing.

It's fine how it is.

so doenst matter how unbalanced is it, but least dont have to wait too much :/

so doenst matter how unbalanced is it, but least dont have to wait too much :/

That it is unbalanced is your OPINION. I was killing people 10+ levels over me just fine when I was in my teens. IMO for the people complaining it's a player skill problem and not a balance issue.

I personally don't see the problem here, when I was a lvl 10 Jedi Shadow I was destroying lvl 20s and 30s, I guess they didn't know how to play. I like this PvP system it allows lower lvls to get in queue's faster and still have fun. If YOU'RE good at your class and PvP, you won't have a problem. You're just asking them to make this game where new people and non-pvpers can win without trying when real pvpers have handicaps because their team doesn't know what to do. This post is dumb, the PvP is great.

Definitely need the brackets, lvl 50 tank classes can barely be dmg'ed by ppl under 20. Keep cross-server stuff out of it though - population not an issue at release, I'd like to be able to fight the same ppl from previous warfronts once in a while, not completely new set of players every warfront.

That it is unbalanced is your OPINION. I was killing people 10+ levels over me just fine when I was in my teens. IMO for the people complaining it's a player skill problem and not a balance issue.

ure right, if u kill some1 10+ lvls higher, thats really a skill problem, at ur enemy. But i dont think im unskilled if i lose a figth against some1, who 10+ lvls higher than me. Just get some extra health and stats doesnt balance out the lvl differencies (as BW thinks). There are still lot of talents, skill ranks and gear differencies and atm there are not lvl50s with full PvP gears. It will be more and more unbalanced after couple of months when most PvP-ers reach lvl50 and get their gears. BGs will turns into Paradise of unskilled n00bs, where skills really doesnt matter, but lvl and gears

I personally don't see the problem here, when I was a lvl 10 Jedi Shadow I was destroying lvl 20s and 30s, I guess they didn't know how to play. I like this PvP system it allows lower lvls to get in queue's faster and still have fun. If YOU'RE good at your class and PvP, you won't have a problem. You're just asking them to make this game where new people and non-pvpers can win without trying when real pvpers have handicaps because their team doesn't know what to do. This post is dumb, the PvP is great.

If you are beating lvl 40s at level 10 those level 40s are BAD.

Take this for instance: If you played WoW and you were lvl 85 but you weren't allowed to put any points into any talents, you'd be at a huge disadvantage right? It doesn't matter if they put your health and attack power up to match your enemies, you would still get owned.

Same here. If you are beating level 40s, shame on those 40s, but that doesn't change the fact that you are at a huge disadvantage.

You're just asking them to make this game where new people and non-pvpers can win without trying when real pvpers have handicaps because their team doesn't know what to do. This post is dumb, the PvP is great.

But OMG thats happening now. Ull see, when u spend a lot of time to get ur 50s gear, and get 7-8 lvl10-15 players at ur side...

I agree, the warfronts are becoming boring somewhat already unfortunately, and I think they could use some balance with keeping players closer to your level, but, I'd rather play with others even if they were 20+ levels higher than wait for long periods of time or not play at all. It still keeps me in tune with learning what my class can and cant do and I think it makes you better. Nothing better than beating someone thats much higher level than you.

I don’t personally see an issue with this at all. As a lvl 15-21 BH I had no complaints with the PVP system. Sometimes I could enter a BG in a matter of seconds while other times it would take me 15 minutes+. This wasn’t a problem for me because I was given time to work on crew skills and PVE bit.

As for unbalanced teams? In reality this comes down to the issue of player skill (which means not smashing your keyboard trying to pull off that 1 attack you use when you’re running missions). Being between lvl’s 15 and 21 I had no issues killing players lvl 22-39, but in the same BG I had my *** handed to me by a lvl 10 numerous times. It was obvious my skill against that particular player wasn’t the best. If getting beat by a player who is better skilled then you pisses you of, PVP is not for you.

Also keep in mind that the game has not actually launched yet, in time I am sure things are going to be adjusted to keep up with players’ constant complaining. I just hope people don’t cry too much to turn this game into another Rift or WoW.

I like it.

I'm only level 17 since restarting on a new server, but I enjoy the challenge. Nothing more satisfying than winning an engagement / 1v1 against players with a toolset advantage. Skill still matters to a degree, and it's great practice.

And FYI, if you signficantly max out your gear for your particular level, the Bolster mechanic actually goes overboard adjusting your stats. I walked into a match the other day with 14k hitpoints and very high damage/defense, wearing all blues/oranges that were within 2 levels of my character. I was sending level 35+'s running at level 15.