Sentinel Watchman: Defensive Forms vs Steadfast

Khasur

Defensive forms is a must imo. For PvE you take if you don't hate your healer and in PvP it's an absolute lifesaver in the aoe spam in some warzones.

I usually put maybe 1 or 2 points in steadfast if I think I'm low on accuracy, but even with WH or BH/Campaign gear you won't be on low accuracy to quick if you didn't swap any mods out

I am pretty sure less than half of Watchman damage normally comes from burns, and both are applied by melee attacks that can be avoided if you have insufficient accuracy.

Unless your gear is good enough to have +10% Accuracy without sacrificing your critical multiplier, Steadfast is a better investment.

Edited by LagunaD

I am pretty sure less than half of Watchman damage normally comes from burns, and both are applied by melee attacks that can be avoided if you have insufficient accuracy.

Unless your gear is good enough to have +10% Accuracy without sacrificing your critical multiplier, Steadfast is a better investment.

It's extremely easy to get enough accuracy from gear to have your burns (applied from regular attacks, yes) virtually never miss. 100% is "good enough" but typically I try to shoot for 105% from gear + talents.

defensive forms = 2 centering/1.5 secs AND 4% dmg reduction on yellow dmg. (watchman) for a grand total of 2 skill points... NOT taking defensive forms is the wrong way to do it.

gaining 2% more accuracy from steadfast... Well.. I would very much advice AGAINST that. (if you sacrifice your 2 points in def forms for that)

Yes you are right, actually looking at the trees, you can't get Steadfast without having 5 points in the first tier of Combat anyway (3 Dual Wield Mastery, 2 Defensive Forms), so if the OP is asking the question it sounds like he has 2 points in Jedi Crusader, which seems debateable.