The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Wondering if anyone else does this . .

ShawnFish

I'm wondering if any other Pyros out there put 1 point in Combust from the Shield Tech Tree. If not, I def recommend it. Basically it makes Flame Burst and Flame Sweep,( not that I use Flame Sweep) combust the target, lowering its damage dealt by 2.5% for 15 seconds.

The key isnt the reduction in damage, but now Flame Burst will combust the target giving you the chance for getting your PPA off, and with superheated rail you will lose 8 heat with the railshot.

I can pretty much take IM out of my rotation except when i am at 30 or so meters.

So instead of opening up with the heat intensive IM If I'm within 10 meters I'll open up with either TD or FB, but now FB gives me my chance for the free RS and since the target is already taking damage I can get the railshot off without having to use IM. Just a thought, but it works extremely well for me.

Your thoughts???

I'm wondering if any other Pyros out there put 1 point in Combust from the Shield Tech Tree. If not, I def recommend it. Basically it makes Flame Burst and Flame Sweep,( not that I use Flame Sweep) combust the target, lowering its damage dealt by 2.5% for 15 seconds.

The key isnt the reduction in damage, but now Flame Burst will combust the target giving you the chance for getting your PPA off, and with superheated rail you will lose 8 heat with the railshot.

I can pretty much take IM out of my rotation except when i am at 30 or so meters.

So instead of opening up with the heat intensive IM If I'm within 10 meters I'll open up with either TD or FB, but now FB gives me my chance for the free RS and since the target is already taking damage I can get the railshot off without having to use IM. Just a thought, but it works extremely well for me.

Your thoughts???

The above poster already mentioned it. But if you specced Pyro, you already have a 100% chance to combust the target heh.

Railshot will still always have that 30% chance to reset with or without Combust. You are kinda wasting a point there unless you want that whopping 2.5% reduction for 15 seconds..