Guide to beating a team of 6 Powertechs/2 Healers

PowerReaper

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First off they save no extra ammo because in order to proc HIB, they have to use skills, one of which applies the dot already.

Best burst comes from using HiB before proc then get proc then HiB again (with grenade mixed in), incendiary round our other dot (useful for delaying procs and becuase 30m range so we can always assist) costs 3 ammo, also even while fighting someone if you are the only one applying dots and they cleanse when they hear our proc you have to reapply dot before HiB which slows down our dps and costs extra ammo, with multiple vanguards this is a non issue because as you said we each apply a dot simply by trying to get procs, further more when switching target someone still working on getting a proc can get the dot on while those who have proc already can just go straight to HiB. Having multiple assault vanguards assisting allows them to all maximize their own ammo efficiency and damage and means those at greater than 10m range can still assist with HiB without having to use incendiary round.

If sentinels all try to assist they set themselves up for chain aoe stun and mass aoe. did I mention unguarded healers regardless of type don't live against untaunted vanguards. Guarded healers especial hybrid sage with aoe kb root have a decent chance of living through the taunted sentinels. Taunt is 30% damage reduction, inspiration is 15% damage increase... Yeah well placed awe and using their speed to outmaneuver is team sent's best chance but I suspect the team vanguard's ability to actually keep healers up will actually lead to much greater ability to hold points in the long run.

The better group comps I've been seeing are 2 tanks 2 healers 3 dps vanguards 1 combat sent. or replace a vanguard with a gun slinger. Either one of these I'm confident could beat 6 vanguard 2 healers or 6 sents 2 healers pretty consistently, you are right sentinel speed is pretty important.

Best burst comes from using HiB before proc then get proc then HiB again (with grenade mixed in), incendiary round our other dot (useful for delaying procs and becuase 30m range so we can always assist) costs 3 ammo, also even while fighting someone if you are the only one applying dots and they cleanse when they hear our proc you have to reapply dot before HiB which slows down our dps and costs extra ammo, with multiple vanguards this is a non issue because as you said we each apply a dot simply by trying to get procs, further more when switching target someone still working on getting a proc can get the dot on while those who have proc already can just go straight to HiB. Having multiple assault vanguards assisting allows them to all maximize their own ammo efficiency and damage and means those at greater than 10m range can still assist with HiB without having to use incendiary round.

If sentinels all try to assist they set themselves up for chain aoe stun and mass aoe. did I mention unguarded healers regardless of type don't live against untaunted vanguards. Guarded healers especial hybrid sage with aoe kb root have a decent chance of living through the taunted sentinels. Taunt is 30% damage reduction, inspiration is 15% damage increase... Yeah well placed awe and using their speed to outmaneuver is team sent's best chance but I suspect the team vanguard's ability to actually keep healers up will actually lead to much greater ability to hold points in the long run.

The better group comps I've been seeing are 2 tanks 2 healers 3 dps vanguards 1 combat sent. or replace a vanguard with a gun slinger. Either one of these I'm confident could beat 6 vanguard 2 healers or 6 sents 2 healers pretty consistently, you are right sentinel speed is pretty important.

I like this man. Posts good sense.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.