Sentinel - Biochem (med packs) or Cybertech (grenades)?

RicoZaid

For a Sentinels would grenades be better than medpacks? My (low level) SentinelI can just BUY medpacks right ? Can I buy those stat booster stims? Is it just too expensive? Also getting medpacks from

PvP dailies.

Does anyone have the exact specs for grenades handy?

Range, effects, costs, suggested order of purchase for PvP and PvE ?

I'd think having range sometimes would be useful and fun :-D

Thanks!!

Edited by RicoZaid

For a Sentinels would grenades be better than medpacks? My (low level) SentinelI can just BUY medpacks right ? Can I buy those stat booster stims? Is it just too expensive? Also getting medpacks from

PvP dailies.

Does anyone have the exact specs for grenades handy?

Range, effects, costs, suggested order of purchase for PvP and PvE ?

I'd think having range sometimes would be useful and fun :-D

Thanks!!

I think atm cybertech is more profitable if you have an alt with biochem for stims. While the rakata medpack is 'free' it also heals for a lower amount that the wz medpack and they share CD

While leveling, it doesn't really matter either way. End game, however is where the decision becomes more relevant.

For end game PVP, I would go with Cybertech for reusable grenades on a shorter cool down. Keep in mind that you will be required to buy stims for any serious end-game PVP. However, there are no reusable Exotech Might stims (highest level Might stim available,) so you get more benefit from buying them anyways. Additionally, you can use Warzone medpacs to heal for more than a Rakata medpac.

For end game PVE, I would go Biochem, as the reusable grenades are of little use against bosses. Plus you get the additional benefit of reusable adrenals in a PVE environment.

PvP Tech, Pve Bio. Having CC grenades on top of Awe, Pacify, Force Camo, Blade Ward, Rebuke, GbtF, 2+ combat tree roots make us so ridiculously annoying in PvP... it is amazingly fun. And your healers will love all the peels! They are pretty useless in PvE however, like the previous poster said, unless you use them for like.. dailies? I guess?

But even then I think Cybertech is one of the best tradeskills to have maxed. With all the adaptive and custom armor now in game, you will basically always have fully upgraded alts. Plus you can make a lot of creds selling Armor 26 should you be lucky enough to get the patterns. Bio is a lot more self-serving. Useful for the character who has it, but not really beneficial to your account as a whole.

Edited by Auraleus