The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Absolute best PvP build?

Kontraz

I've been toying around with a few different builds and I'm just curious as to forum consensus - what is the absolute best PT build available in terms of raw damage (I'm less concerned with survivability at this point). And while saying something such as 5/5/31 is useful, I'd much rather see the exact skill breakdown to know where you put your points.

Thanks

I've been toying around with a few different builds and I'm just curious as to forum consensus - what is the absolute best PT build available in terms of raw damage (I'm less concerned with survivability at this point). And while saying something such as 5/5/31 is useful, I'd much rather see the exact skill breakdown to know where you put your points.

Thanks

4/6/31?

Basically, Pyrotech Tree with Railshot/Fire Crits/Damage talents as much as you can basically...

The main point of dropping TD is to put the points into boosting your aim and giving yourself a little more utility via reduced cool downs. TD is crucial for achieving big burst when you time it with rail shot (allowing you to take down a single target more efficiently). The difference is really increased overall damage or better single target burst. Both options have their place depending on your group makeup and your role within it. It is really just a play style preference and which works better for you.

-Stern Lecture

Who's to say what's best for you? Play what you enjoy. Even tho I believe that PT tanks are worst tank class for pvp, play it if you enjoy it.

For dps, I love the Hybrid for PvP. I get HO/PFT and PPA. I don't get the 6%/9% aim, but meh. I won't hit 5k RS but i'll hit 4.2k. I'll crit 2.4k on my PFT on multiple targets. I can ball carry in a pinch, and when not ranked Ball Carry most of the time because of HO.

For max Burst, 7/3/31 because TD with RS combo hits so hard. You will pump out the DPS for sure.

AP straight up is OK. It's less DPS then either just because HEGC is terrible compared to CGC. You can run AP in CGC but the heat management in PVP is terrible.

So I've played all parakeet (before it was rendered moot), Iron fist, Pyro, AP, Ap/Pyro, Tank. Graned most before 1.3. Each a week or 2 of games. And I loved AP pre 1.2 (always getting HB every match only reason), I loved Pyro always, and right now I love the Ap/Pyro hybrid.

Who's to say what's best for you? Play what you enjoy. Even tho I believe that PT tanks are worst tank class for pvp, play it if you enjoy it.

For dps, I love the Hybrid for PvP. I get HO/PFT and PPA. I don't get the 6%/9% aim, but meh. I won't hit 5k RS but i'll hit 4.2k. I'll crit 2.4k on my PFT on multiple targets. I can ball carry in a pinch, and when not ranked Ball Carry most of the time because of HO.

For max Burst, 7/3/31 because TD with RS combo hits so hard. You will pump out the DPS for sure.

AP straight up is OK. It's less DPS then either just because HEGC is terrible compared to CGC. You can run AP in CGC but the heat management in PVP is terrible.

So I've played all parakeet (before it was rendered moot), Iron fist, Pyro, AP, Ap/Pyro, Tank. Graned most before 1.3. Each a week or 2 of games. And I loved AP pre 1.2 (always getting HB every match only reason), I loved Pyro always, and right now I love the Ap/Pyro hybrid.

Ok, what? Can you link your build and what cylinder are you using in this spec?

Ok, what? Can you link your build and what cylinder are you using in this spec?

The hybird? Many threads on it.

OK Max burst (because of TD/RS combo): http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMbZ0cZfhrbdhGMs.2 in CGC

Hybrid: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZMsrrobfzZfhrbzh.2 in CGC (2 points in dam reduction can be put in reduced stun CD if you want) Some will also take 1 point out of PPA and put into CG.

Straight AP whole sticky dedicated to diff specs, from NORSE to Max DPS in CGC.

Thanks

So this build is pretty consistent with most of the posts here. My question now is should you fill-out the two other trees first and then go to Pyro or should you sink 31 into Pyro first and then move over. Or can someone recommend a path for leveling the tree?

Here's what I use:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMZMcZfhrbdhhrs.2

I took away the 2 points I had in +6% Aim since all of my augments are +power. Instead I went for an extra 6% crit chance on fire abilities and like it better.

Also, you should be critting more than getting hit, so I find 6 seconds off Kolto and TSO to be more valuable than time off shield when already getting hit.

Edited by Monterone

Let me share what I did, I looked at my ability tab and noticed the game already says what kind of damage the ability does, because I actually levelled my own class as Pyro I knew what are my highest damage/burst abilities and rotations are and I knew how to line up TD+Punch+Rail while having my x2 DoTs running.

I realized that most of the damage I do was: Tech

I then looked at the talent trees and noticed for an investment of 1 point JUST ONE POINT I could increase Tech crit by 3%. From there on YOU decide whether you want to buff Rail Shot Burst or Sustained DPS via all Fire Effects or simply buff Flame Burst!

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZMsZfhMbdGGMs.2

0/6/31 Leaving you with 2 points.

Rapid Venting to me is the superior talent, as PT you really should never allow your heat to go over 40 any way and weave in Rapid Shot..after many hours of PvP do not need anything more tbh.