Am i the only one

bobmcbo

who thinks that classes using heavy armor are squishier than classes using medium and light armor? Seems to me that my Guardian, when specced Focus, can take a lot less damage than my Marauder and Assassin?

Altered slightly.

Funny because it's true. Cooldowns and talents rule the world. Armour type is woefully overrated.

I die a lot more on my Trooper than my smuggler, but I always just thought it was the cover system saving my butt. I'll roll out a sorc or sage this afternoon and see what happens and get back to you.

I die a lot more on my Trooper than my smuggler, but I always just thought it was the cover system saving my butt. I'll roll out a sorc or sage this afternoon and see what happens and get back to you.

seems the cover system is the only reason gunslingers don't die in seconds. I unknowingly let a mob or 2 get around the cover, and I died before I figured out what happened

Altered slightly.

Funny because it's true. Cooldowns and talents rule the world. Armour type is woefully overrated.

I think they yes, they can take more damage than those with light armor, but they get hit WAY more often

The difference between light and medium armor is only along the lines of 5-8% damage reduction, which only applies to conventional damage types (energy and kinetic). A large portion of abilities in the game which dont rely directly on a weapon deal elemental or internal damage, which completely bypasses armor.

Even heavy armor classes only have 10-12% more damage reduction than light armor. What really makes tanks tougher is their tanking stance which typically gives a 60%+ bonus to armor, bumping that amount up to 40-50% overall damage reduction as opposed to 20-30%.