Help with T7 companion

mamosley

I'm a Jedi Sentinel, and use my T7 as my primary companion. His affection is at 5777, and I still haven't gotten his character quest. I believe we had a convo a long while ago, maybe I skipped it? Any way to get it back?

They are at set amounts, but as the poster above said if you havent completed class quests you wont get the conversations. Or have you checked your companion window and seen something like ))) that above their portrait? That means they have a conversation but you can only talk to them on your ship and in some cases a cantina.

The cantina on Coruscant is bugged, and your companions won't talk. You are probably way beyond that planet, though so it's probably story based. I know that Doc's story stalled until Chapter 2 was finished, and by then his affection was so high we had 4 or 5 conversations in a row.

Some conversations are also keyed to affection level. At under 6K, even if you are all the way to 50 and completed all class quests, you won't advance your companion story until their affection goes up.

I believe it's both, actually. If you max out affection early on, you get the companion quests when you reach a certain level. I won't bet the farm on it, but I don't think companion quests/conversations are dependant on where you are in your class story. I'm reasonably sure it's simply level/affection.

Edited by JacksonMo

Some conversations are also keyed to affection level. At under 6K, even if you are all the way to 50 and completed all class quests, you won't advance your companion story until their affection goes up.

I believe it's both, actually. If you max out affection early on, you get the companion quests when you reach a certain level. I won't bet the farm on it, but I don't think companion quests/conversations are dependant on where you are in your class story. I'm reasonably sure it's simply level/affection.

It's affection and where you are in your story. It has to be this way given how certain companions storylines are tied into the main class line.

Minor Jedi Knight spoilers:

Kira is by far the best example of this. The information you gain about her in the completion of chapter 1 is absolutely essential to many of her conversations, hence why they are delayed until then.

It's affection and where you are in your story. It has to be this way given how certain companions storylines are tied into the main class line.

Minor Jedi Knight spoilers:

Kira is by far the best example of this. The information you gain about her in the completion of chapter 1 is absolutely essential to many of her conversations, hence why they are delayed until then.

Now that I think of it, you may be right. On my main, affection progressed more slowly, so I was getting quests intended for much lower levels. Then on my alts, I could afford to increase affection much faster and got the quests while they were still above my level.

On Dulfy's site you have a table with all the affection level for the dialogues.

http://dulfy.net/2012/04/22/companion-gifts-and-crafting-bonuses-for-1-2/

Please note that as the above posters mentionned, the dialogue are linked to both the affection level and your character story progression. So if you're still in chapter one, even with 5k affection you won't have access to the corresponding dialogues until you reach the proper stage.

Edited by Oggthebase

Now that I think of it, you may be right. On my main, affection progressed more slowly, so I was getting quests intended for much lower levels. Then on my alts, I could afford to increase affection much faster and got the quests while they were still above my level.

This is true, and it's kind of screwy. With my main, her companion affection is really high, so I got the first quest when it was like 8-10 levels above me. By the time I got to that level and did the quest, we then talked 5-10 times in a row, and got the next quest - which was also 8 levels above me. The reverse could easily happen, and someone could get a quest much lower than their current level. It's why I try to max out my affections, so I get quests at a level where they're still fun to do.

You have to finish Act II before you can get the end quests from a companion for the Legacy Bonus. One of the last Companion Quests will be around 45.

My 37 Smuggler (with healer) and a 41 Sentinal had no big problem doing it. (45 elite and two 45 Strongs)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.