How To Fix FPS / LAG Issue !! < < < < < <

Hedzlol

this is problem on the server side or we talk about different things. ppl have huge problems with skill delays/lags that makes PVP unplayable. I have 50ms latency and when I run to fight my skills have something 1-3s delays after global cooldown.

that product is failure. 6 years of development and that tiny thing like 8 vs 8 matches are unplayable even on "light" servers. that is no excuse for pathetic and lazy dev work with that. I bought this game only for PVP and I saw every other MMO released last 12 years and I have to say this is the worst PVP system and optimisation I've ever seen.

Edit.. look at other MMOs like Rift, Warhammer, AoC, DAoC with their 100 vs 100 matches without any delay and lag and compare it to this crap.

Warhammer had massive lag for the first year of it's launch, they had to remove fortresses because the game couldn't handle so many people in one place.

In all honesty the only reason there isn't lag in WAR now is because there are like 500 people playing it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya I totally want to go spend 600 dollars so I can run this game at 60 fps. Amazing idea bro, maybe we should do that for every game? Some of us have lives and don't feel like upgrading for each new game, the developers should build the game around mid PC specs so that the majority of players get 60 fps. Not the top 10 percent of you.

I built my p 6 years ago and spent 350 bucks on GFX card and ssd's and

I have 30+ fps in heavy pvp!

Swtor is easy to run.

My friend plays on a piece of crap.

Yeah, Let's all blame the Devs on their first MMORPG ever, and they're bugs/memory leaks at launch :rolleyes:

Whiny Kids, you didn't play WoW at launch did you?

Anyways, I have the Phenom II6 also @ 2.8 GHZ

5770 1GB

Nothing special, I get 40-60 FPS while questing, 25 in WZ.

No idea if that's what I should be getting.

ive played wow for about 5 years now, and they have had alot of glitched and lag problems which still occur now, no 1 mmo will ever be without lag problems, glitches etc. people just feel the need to complain as there expectations were too high for the 1st ea MMO

Thanks for the advice. I didnt even know there was an "off" button. My game is much smoother now after i turned it off.

however the "latency" that people experience is obviously still there. I really hope they fix it because its fairly annoying.

on the bright side everyone seems to be experiencing it so its probably not that bad but it still a pain.

PLEASE FIX!!!!!!! EVERYTHING RUNS GREAT, BUT THE SECOND I STEP INTO ANY BUILDING I LAG LIKE A MOFO!!!!! THIS IS EXTREMELY ANGERING BECAUSE MANY BIG MISSIONS TAKE PLACE INSIDE BUILDINGS AND I CANT MOVE ON BECAUSE OF F-LAG!!!!!!!! once fixed its fine! good game besides lag

I have the same issue, I run the game flawlessly on my 2500 dollar laptop and play many other games without a bit of lag. However as soon as I get into the warzones I lag so bad that I have 3-5 second delays on any ability I use making pvp incrediably frustrating. I'm very upset with this being that I bought the game primarily to pvp. All I am requesting is for this issue to be dealt with since obviously a decent number Of people are having the same issues. It's 100% server/game design not my comp

Well this is for MOST people!

Feel free to post here if it worked, It did for me :)

http://i39.tinypic.com/2emmkp1.jpg

^ Shadow Quality: OFF

Saw the title of the thread, hoping it would be an in-depth guide.

But, it's this.

My computer is decent. 6GB RAM and some $100+ ATI graphics card. All my settings are turned down and I evened lowered my resolution ridiculously. Yet, in Warzones, my framerate ranges between 10-20FPS. It's not like this out of Warzones. Clearly, it's not my issue, but Bioware's.

I get both skill delay as well as unreasonable framerates in warzones.

solid 60 fps anywhere else in the game, enter a WZ, drops down to a solid 25 fps, and i get 1-3 second delay on skills i try to use.

53 ping

When ive run cpu and gfx monitors, it doesnt show either being worked super hard, so it doesnt seem like its my end thats having a hard time handling things. Seems like a combination of qwerky netcode for warzones, mixed with some graphical bug/code issue for graphics in warzones.

Edit.. look at other MMOs like Rift, Warhammer, AoC, DAoC with their 100 vs 100 matches without any delay and lag and compare it to this crap.

Well, I don't know about you...but I played Warhammer quite a bit in the beginning (three max levels that I pvp'ed with) and claiming that there was no lag in Warhammer is just silly. Mythic dropped the ball on that game in every single aspect except for low-level instanced pvp.

Daoc had 3 factions, was lag free (and ugly) and is still the best rvr-mmo to day.

Rift? Sorry, almost fell asleep just by reading the name of the game. My gosh that game was boring.

As for Swtor: I play an agent. If it takes 2 second to get cover and then another 2 seconds for my insta-snipe to fire...well, it's kinda hard to compete. The lag in Swtor-pvp is (like many have said) completely game breaking and unless fixed it will be the reason I left the game. My hardware should be good enough to run it, the problem is server side.

Oh yeah, and I hate being logged out when I accept a pvp-match...

Edited by Illwill-

It is the game not your computers. I get 80 fps with everything on high but the second i step in to a warzone im at 10-20. something you might need to try is update your drivers. That has worked for some people but not me.

• 3 weeks later...
this is problem on the server side or we talk about different things. ppl have huge problems with skill delays/lags that makes PVP unplayable. I have 50ms latency and when I run to fight my skills have something 1-3s delays after global cooldown.

that product is failure. 6 years of development and that tiny thing like 8 vs 8 matches are unplayable even on "light" servers. that is no excuse for pathetic and lazy dev work with that. I bought this game only for PVP and I saw every other MMO released last 12 years and I have to say this is the worst PVP system and optimisation I've ever seen.

This guy is so right. Im ****in pissed atmo. I want my money back. I do NOT wanna slay dragons in easy pve scripted encounters, I WANTED PVP. And I cant do ****, 1-2 sec delays on everything is NOT acceptable. Its ****in unbearable.

60 ms with over 60 fps and it feels like I have a 1000 ms. What the **** bioware. Get your heads out of ur asses.

Edited by Komby

people have huge problems with overusing words like "unplayable."

"Pain in the ***" would have been much more accurate, I agree. I mean, getting off that interrupt and stun too late doesn't mean you can't play. You just get screwed.

lol my bro has a computer system that cost around 3900,kinda funny you ll say all you need is upgrades caus eif so why does he gets 1-15 fps in bg's he has one of th etp rigs you can buy,so i don't know what tot ell you people and shadow lmao,read every thing on here you all say shadow i think we get the hint,turn off shadow that ssorta common sense dont you think,but anyway most of you ****,its the game that sucks not our comps,they spent 130mil on npc talking and nothing on the engine gg,its why pvp is so bad and laggy,read more about it,peopel will explain with detail.

its like this guys, stand in one spot,jump up and down,open your bags,its lags,its the game/servet/engine/crappbioware/130mil lost on npc talking/lack of customer service,thats the problem.its the game not you,we have to wait for blizzrad to release its new mmo's.like allways cause the rest fail.

I had the same problems as all of you. Perfectly fine fps and no lag when questing, but the second I did a Warzone it was simply unplayable. I would lag so bad that when I died I couldn't revive and ended up getting booted!

Turns out that my battery settings were on "power saver" As soon as I switched it back to high performance, I had very little lag at all. Then when I turned shadows off I had none what-so-ever. So if you're running a laptop make sure it's set for high performance.

• 2 weeks later...

It has to be the game thats causing this framerate. i have a better computer than my friends (even though its not that great) as he is runnung a and he has a core two duo 2.7ghz? and nvidia 9800 or something 1gb. Anyway he can run the game in battle grounds without anyframerate lag whatsoever with his settings on lowest possible. i can run my settings on medium/high when im leveling no problem, its just when i get into bg's that it turns unplayable. ive turned all my graphics settings to the lowest possible, resolution on 1280x720, fullscreen. ive tried updating .net, closing ALL background services, including windows explorer, reg defrags. everything. still the framerate continues. meanwhile my friend has like 10 programs running while playing. any suggestions? fml

ohh yes and i port forwarded on my router and am running the game as admin and disabled all audio in the bg's

double fml

ok. my basic specs.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.111025-1505)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.6GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3062MB RAM

Page File: 1182MB used, 4941MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GT 230M

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A28&SUBSYS_363E103C&REV_A2

Display Memory: 2254 MB

Dedicated Memory: 978 MB

Shared Memory: 1275 MB

Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Edited by Paralassa
content

• 1 month later...
I have a 6 year old computer, questing is fine no problem outside of War zones. Right when I hop into one it goes nuts; every game I've ever played I've always turned the shadows off because that's a big problem for every game I've played. But no fix = ( in WZ's

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.