The End is Near....

Taorus

Sometimes I can't help but laugh everytime someone says something like:

"Your post is an opinion"

Conjecture and Opinion.

Thank you CPT. Redundancy.

Your post was opinion and conjecture. That means there was no real content in it beyond what you've made up, no data, no facts, just ranting your hatred for the game. I didn't make the post, nor can I debate conjecture. In fact, all that one can do with such a post is point out the conjecture.

If you are seeing redundancy in replies to you.....maybe its not them? ;p

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

SWTOR was hyped up and didn't deliever.

Bioware tried to keep all the content and information about SWTOR a big secret.

Point is it will never live up to be the MMO it was purported to be.

Hyped up.... by the community. SWTOR delivered on as to what it said it would deliver, however too many people are reading in between the lines, giving meaning to something which are just interpretations, mainly stemming out of desperation for this 'next big thing'.

As you say yourself, BioWare was pretty limited on information, and yet... people were expecting some sort of miracle.

BioWare stated little, and with that, didn't purport to be anything in particular.

Recent previous titles as to which the community has done the same: Rift, TERA. What happens, high initial numbers and then people realize their expectations were too high, they leave, however they can't leave in a silent fashion, they have to do so with the loudest bang they can imagine.

And it's not going to stop, next title with a massive level of hype: GW2. Next title which is going to recieve loads of critisism and deminishing player counts: GW2, mark my words. The only thing they won't have is reducing sub numbers. But well yeh, doesn't need any additional explenation on that.

SWTOR is Warhammer all over again. And it shows.

SWTOR was hyped up and didn't deliever.

Bioware tried to keep all the content and information about SWTOR a big secret.

Bioware failed to fix the majority of problems, listen to important feedback ...

and just swaggered their way into the MMO market with nothing to offer other than an IP and their name.

This is so true, they followed the leader with blizzard and slapped Starwars sticker over their box, this game is lacking in originality

It doesn't matter if SWTOR is here for 10 million years.

And that is a challenger to WoW.

You will be lucky if in years EA doesn't shut down SWTOR because I HIGHLY doubt this game will be getting high end content to the degree that is past the core of the game.

The problem with most users is the delusion that all negative comments are a result of blind "hatred".

This so-called "hatred" has been prevalent long before the games I assume you are referring to had announced launch days.

This games decline was set in motion when Bioware apparently assumed "everyone" would be be foolish and blind enough to not see through the IP and imaginary "fourth pillar".

SWTOR is not the first fully voiced MMO and it sure is not the only MMO to have "story". And they sure were not enough to hold players.

I have fun, at times in SWTOR, but overall it is bland and boring.

This game had more resources, more money, biggest IP and a "good" developer and this is all they could come up with?

I don't blame people for being angry. I blame the people who keep praying that "things will get better over time".

Come on.

Wake up.

I totally agree with everything here, the only thing i can add is i think the developers are incredibly arrogant and are out of touch with their customers

Edited by Ensquire

While true Black, as the cutscenes and wondering what all would happen in my SI story, was about the only thing that set this MMO apart. Every other MMO bored me to death with the exception of FFXI, which I played off and on for years. The issue is the story moments are so long between them. And once you take out the awesome cutscenes and the voice acting, you're left with the same: Kill x amount of y times. Collect x amount of y. And kill x amount of y times to collect z.

As much as I want to level another character, knowing the quest will be the same quest I've done before excluding the story, is kind of a turn off. :(

I'll agree with you there. The concept is in its infancy and it is more a rough draft then a refined science. My point was that its still not the same old grind.

In short, my contention, or theory if you will, is that they've broken new ground and the most important thing I'm seeing here is not in the refinement of such (and yes also that they were very sparse), but that someone has finally defined a means by which to take "the edge" off of leveling. It was about the most painless and enjoyable leveling I've done in my 20 some odd years of playing these games. I have to give them kudos for that. ;p

Since I went back and reread some of his points... While I did not play Warhammer to state anything he said at the very top, I think we can pretty much agree that this points are a fact:

Bioware failed to fix the majority of problems, listen to important feedback ...

and just swaggered their way into the MMO market with nothing to offer other than an IP and their name.

It doesn't matter if SWTOR is here for 10 million years.

Seeing as anywhere you go you will still find people complaining about bugs that have been in since the beta. I seem to remember when Square Enix did the same thing with Final Fantasy XIV. I dont think they saw near the same amount as hype/sales as SWTOR did, but I do see it heading down the same path if BioWare (probably EA more to blame) keeps going down this path. :(

Edit to add:

It was about the most painless and enjoyable leveling[...]

...I wish there we more discussions where people would just find common ground instead of whining and throwing poo like most of these forums. :p And I do give them kudos for that too. I also agree with most of the post above yours. As the developers really seem out of touch with their customers and think we all need another WoW clone... Heres hoping ArenaNet prevails in that aspect.

I also agree GW2 does seem a tadbit over hyped. But if people would just look at developer post instead of crazy fanatics, they wouldnt fall for it and end up sorely disappointed in the end. Thats what google is for. :rolleyes:

Edited by Katsuragisama

• Dev Post

Hello everyone,

We do appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns. We will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback focus on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself, and that it is constructive and as detailed as possible.

We thank you for your time and your understanding that we've closed this thread.