I don't understand BioWare

Aliman

Because it's pointless to argue when people complains about everything without constructive criticism. Everyone thinks making a game is easy, and a bug can be easily corrected by a wave with the magic wand. Everyone complains that this bla bla bla class is OP because they keep losing. Everyone complained when Bioware gave us a free month, and I'm sure if Bioware gives us each a bag of gold, and many will complain that the bag is too heavy.

because no matter what they say it would not make half of these people happy or content.

Sums it up pretty much, people don't like copy and paste messages that helps with nothing or very little. I rather see no comments then a copy and paste message spam.

Edited by Jonoku

Because of the sh**storm that would ensue. Do you have any idea how much crud MMO developers get for promising something and then that goes unfulfilled?

At some point you may want to think about changing your approach as a developer.

When Forbes starts calling your game a "disaster" it may be the time to start at least promising some stuff you plan on delivering in the forseeable future.

because no matter what they say it would not make half of these people happy or content. The only thing I agree they do need to comment on is something about where the game is headed and how far off it is. If 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, ...doesn't get here soon I see bad things ahead.

Fixed for you:D

I think a lot of the things people are saying here aren't entirely unjustified, seeing as many things the players were anticipating and excited for were left out in the launch, nor have they been included in the recent patches. It's become more and more obvious that a good portion of the player base are becoming increasingly disappointed with the lack of endgame content and a ton of other things, and the development teams are in a flux because they weren't prepared for it. I mean, you have to at least have some kind of back-up plan if it backfires -- they didn't, and now they're seeing the effects in rampant unsubbing and complaints. There's even been talks of making this game free-to-play, which goes on to show TOR wasn't the big hit everyone thought it was after all. Edited by AscendantOps

How can they just sit and watch and not comment on anything that's been said on these forums.

My guess is that anyone who has any real power at Bioware does not read the forums. Maybe once a month they ask and a yes man tells them "Everyone loves the game, no one has suggested anything wrong with it and we dont know why they keep quiting, must be alien abductions."

My guess is, they do read the forums, and I imagine a lot of them roll their eyes heavily at some of the nonsense that gets touted around here, and they more than likely do take note of the good ideas, and the well versed feedback and compile it as they see fit.

However, they aren't obligated to pet us on our heads and go "Don't worry, little Jimmy, everything will be alright".

In my opinion, unless it's a patch note, no news is good news.

Dev #1: Why haven't we been posting updates on the forums? People are getting pissed.

Dev #2: It was Benny's idea. If we just keep quiet for a while, they'll eventually tire themselves out and let us do our jobs.

Also a possibility.

Dev #1: Why haven't we been posting updates on the forums? People are getting pissed.

Dev #2: It was Benny's idea. If we just keep quiet for a while, they'll eventually tire themselves out and let us do our jobs.

Also a possibility.

They cannot be this stupid, i refuse to belive. :D.

More than likely, but then again, they don't HAVE to accept every idea and comment with a gracious bow. They have their own creative team, whom they pay. Not some twelve year old on their mommy's credit card as a reward for not shaving the cat that week.

For me, Bioware, my only gripe is the lack of speech bubbles, because it makes communicating a slight pain in the ***. Other than that, I'm of the camp that I play the game, they make it. I don't claim any knowledge of the process or what it's like having EA's [censored] up my ***, hell they have my sympathy for that, I just leave them to their work, because no one like having people breath down their necks.

Because it's pointless to argue when people complains about everything without constructive criticism. Everyone thinks making a game is easy, and a bug can be easily corrected by a wave with the magic wand. Everyone complains that this bla bla bla class is OP because they keep losing. Everyone complained when Bioware gave us a free month, and I'm sure if Bioware gives us each a bag of gold, and many will complain that the bag is too heavy.

Have you ever been on Bungie's forums? It's actually pretty cool. They recruit people, some even from the forum itself to be the forum monitors. They tend to be very real, and talkative with people, instead of PR scripts like BW. They'll even insult people from time to time. Hell, Bungie never let anything slip, yet people complained, and seemed a bit more content than here.

So there may be another way to go about it. I do agree, there is probably no winning on these forums lol.

I look at this way, anything Bioware talked about before the lay offs are now null and void, What the Doctor said at E3, what Erikison said about, world pvp, the space projects, even 1.4 face it 1.4 no hint not on the test server, it's almost august, at the very earliest optomisitic projection would be late October. When Turbine went up for sale they went quiet and allot of stuff they talked about went away, just as another exmple.

My whole basis for this is my perception of thier silence, they could come out Monday with a statement that would prove this perception wrong, and from reading though the forums I am not the ony one with this view.

I am fan and I support this game, I just hope they get the internal issue's solved and devlopment back on track, before there is no one left to develop for.. I knew this game would not get a fresh start in the gaming world to many people bringing baggage from every other game, and the fact it was under the microscope of not only fans but the industry. I have a feeling they don't want to tell us 1.4 is way off now, and the marketing department is trying to put a positive spin on a bad situation.

When Forbes starts calling your game a "disaster" it may be the time to start at least promising some stuff you plan on delivering in the forseeable future.

It's actually more correct to say, "One of Forbes' freelance bloggers". It's one guys' opinion. It's based on conjecture and speculation. He may very well be right, but let's stop acting like this is an authoritative source.

I look at this way, anything Bioware talked about before the lay offs are now null and void, What the Doctor said at E3, what Erikison said about, world pvp, the space projects, even 1.4 face it 1.4 no hint not on the test server, it's almost august, at the very earliest optomisitic projection would be late October. When Turbine went up for sale they went quiet and allot of stuff they talked about went away, just as another exmple.

My whole basis for this is my perception of thier silence, they could come out Monday with a statement that would prove this perception wrong, and from reading though the forums I am not the ony one with this view.

I am fan and I support this game, I just hope they get the internal issue's solved and devlopment back on track, before there is no one left to develop for.. I knew this game would not get a fresh start in the gaming world to many people bringing baggage from every other game, and the fact it was under the microscope of not only fans but the industry. I have a feeling they don't want to tell us 1.4 is way off now, and the marketing department is trying to put a positive spin on a bad situation.

Extremely well written and straight to the points. The cuts in the company are going to be hard to work around and still be productive. Across all EA games the forums are pretty much the same. Concerns of what the devs can do for content in timely matter. Had there been far more in the game at launch and better game engine/design prehaps the sub rentention would have made a difference for the overhead to keep more people on to work on the game.

Dev #3 we shot our load and are out of ideas

Dev #4 shh lets not post on forums ppl will think were busy on "content"

I agree with you so much. Everything they said before the layoffs are likely null and void take their promises with the smallest grain of salt.

Dev #3 we shot our load and are out of ideas

Dev #4 shh lets not post on forums ppl will think were busy on "content"

Dev # 5 Maybe we can distract them by answering easy question in a Q&A.

Dev #6 If we are quiet maybe they won't know that the game is heading down hill.

Devs are probably on the idea of mother always said if you got nothing nice to say don't say anything at all, they probably want to rip a new one on half the people who post here

they to busy looking over their shoulders incase ea bosses go all Vince McMahon and youre fired ! :p