The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

8/8/25, anyone tried?

anwg

Anyone tried this spec in PvP? Compared to 7/3/31 you give up TD (can use explosive dart instead) and Burnout (better for PvE IMHO, and you get 3% tech crit back from Prototype Cylinder) for 3% aim, but 6% crit and damage to FB, and 6% crit to CGC. Edited by anwg

after the PPA nerf I stopped PVE with the Powertech heat is to much of an issue. Rapid shots is not my auto attack FB is. I rarely use it...I dont dot stuff I burn down stuff with burst. Im sure you wont do as much DPS with that spec as full pyro though

I use a PVE based version of it in PVP and it's okay, but just going from experience it's not as good for quickly downing targets without TD and Burnout. I only PVP on occasion though so it doesn't matter much to me. I switched to it once I started doing Denova and Nightmare Pilgrim since the delayed damage from TD can be a nuisance for them, especially with the lag nowadays. Edited by UCKFred

after the PPA nerf I stopped PVE with the Powertech heat is to much of an issue. Rapid shots is not my auto attack FB is. I rarely use it...I dont dot stuff I burn down stuff with burst. Im sure you wont do as much DPS with that spec as full pyro though

The heat isn't the issue. It is your playing that is the issue. Pyrotechs have fairly easy heat management. You just have to throw in rapid shots every now and then. Heat management is more important than flame bursting until you get a proc. I usually rotate rapid shots in between non proc'd flame bursts and rocket punch. If you stay to that, heat shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by bbare

u loose 30% more dmg when the enemy is below 30% hp, but u gain 6% more flame burst dmg. Its a good spec no doubt, when dotting multiple enemies with flame burst and ppl dont usually stay long under 30% hp.