Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Kotor 2 Restored Content Mod: It's finished!

Z-ToXiN

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm

The Restored Content Mod, for those who dont know, was made to restore all the cut/unfinished stuff in Kotor 2 and fix all the bugs and gltches and the endings. And now it's finally done.

I just wanted to put this out there, it makes Kotor 2 such a better game and the game it was intended to be and would have been if it wasn't rushed. So if youve played Kotor 2 but havent used this mod before, I highly recommend it.

It's been released in functional form for a few years now. Even the older versions were largely "complete" besides some polishing.

Actually I don't think 1.8 has been out for quite that long, 1.7 had been out for a long while, but I know they had to take a long time to get to 1.8 due to irl issues.

Actually I don't think 1.8 has been out for quite that long, 1.7 had been out for a long while, but I know they had to take a long time to get to 1.8 due to irl issues.

You misunderstand. I meant the mod itself. For all the changes listed here, 1.7 was still pretty darn functional. Even the older 1.5 version got the job done. I'm excited to see what changes we really will see. KoToR II is one of the few games I make a point to play at least once a year. With these additions, I'm intrigued to see how the experience changed.

After playing through the first few areas, there are few silly bugs still. Only one crash though, which is better than I remember from earlier playthroughs. Even this early in the game I am noticing some lines I dont remember hearing in the original version. So far very good.

****Minor Spoiler Warning*****

Example of a silly bug: in telos station, when the Ithorians got attacked, one of the mercs that are supposed to camp in the final room by the Ithorian boss is instead near the doorway to the compound. Since he is neutral at that point, he joins our merry team attacking his own supposed teammates near the doorway and first big room of compound :) only when you speak to him, the script starts and he turns hostile.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.