Tanks underappreciated

ACTroyan

This happens more times than not. That begs an age old question:

Should the healer follow the tank or the tank follow the healer?

Thread successfully derailed.

As a healer if a can tell who is guarding me I will try to follow them, within reason. if they are getting pulled away from the objective I do not follow. If they are clearly only guarding me, and they don't peal, I will try to stick with a dps who will peal for me. If I can't figure out who is guarding me and they are out of range, I will click off the guard in the hopes that someone close by may guard me instead.

As a tank you should always watch your healers back, swap guard to the target being focused down, this will up your numbers and help the healer be able to keep people up. But make sure to put guard back on the healer when they need it. Also, please take your guard off if you notice that you are nowhere near your guard target, it's easier for you to take it off, then for me to click it off. And please, if you are carrying the huttball, stop guarding. You will take less damage and someone else can guard you.

I don't think you're underappreciated at all. Keep that guard up on me, peel me and I'll keep you alive and we'll be good.

Sincerely,

Your healer

Why the hell you need a tank to guard you if you can bring the second healer instead?

2 healers have more survivability than healer+tank..

Why the hell you need a tank to guard you if you can bring the second healer instead?

2 healers have more survivability than healer+tank..

This is not true. If you have a vig guardian tanking or a shadow tank the advantage is that they will kill people and you will survive much longer than 2 healers who cannot actually kill anything, but they stay alive a very long time. As a healer I would much rather have a tank at my side than a second healer. Plus tanks can taunt, guard and protect the dps you are trying to heal as well. Additional healers can help heal them, but a good tank is always an asset.

This is not true. If you have a vig guardian tanking or a shadow tank the advantage is that they will kill people and you will survive much longer than 2 healers who cannot actually kill anything, but they stay alive a very long time. As a healer I would much rather have a tank at my side than a second healer. Plus tanks can taunt, guard and protect the dps you are trying to heal as well. Additional healers can help heal them, but a good tank is always an asset.

Sure.. ive exaggerated a little, but.. The team with 4 healers are just unstoppable in 3 WZ out of 4..

Where team with 2 healers+ 2 tanks are just decent..

Sure.. ive exaggerated a little, but.. The team with 4 healers are just unstoppable in 3 WZ out of 4..

Where team with 2 healers+ 2 tanks are just decent..

I have lost far more games with four healer than I have with two good tanks. Now having people who can dps and heal on top of your two healers... That is priceless. But I would still want at a min one good tank. For taunts and guard swap.