Q&A answer makes no sense

Kavu

Skendra: Question about Legacy! Under Character Perks -> Travel, at 1.2 there was buff for Sprint Speed but locked and now in 1.3 it was changed to Priority Transport. Why?

Will Wallace (Senior Designer): There were both internal and external balance concerns about allowing players to purchase upgrades to Sprint speed, especially as it related to advantages in Warzones. We don't want someone to feel like they have to have an optional purchase to be competitive in PvP. The Priority Transport perks were created as a replacement since they are beneficial for all players without upsetting the balance of the game.

now, correct me if I'm wrong but legacy perks are supposed to be shut off in WZ's, so why would this one be any different?

IMO PvP gear isn't really an optional purchase if PvP is what you want to do. Granted, starting off on PvP gearless is rough, but with enough time it can become balanced. PvP just takes dedication. Personally, I think myself more of a PvE guy.

" We don't want someone to feel like they have to have an optional purchase to be competitive in PvP."

Like PvP gear?

O Hi I remember you, you whispered my character on Dromund Kaas and told me how you would do dirty things to me. Nice to see you troll the forums too! :rolleyes:

Since 1.3 introduced a free recruit set to anyone who ht 50, PvP gear is indeed free.

Because someone who ground out WZ comms (credits) still wouldn't totally obliterate you in PvP with their WH (sprint) gear (perk)?

Plus Sprint doesn't even work in combat, so it would only offer an advantage for the first 15 seconds of the WZ or so.

The Legacy perks not usable in warzones already have a mechanism that disables them -- they require an active companion to use.

Unbuffing your Sprint in warzones would have required additional coding, which they can do even less of now that they've laid everyone off.