War Hero: Relic and Implants (Help)

TheMB

Okay I have been having a hard time deciding which of the WH items (Relics, and Implants) I should choose for my Gunnery spec Commando for maximum DPS. I am wondering out there, whoever has this stuff, which set of implants and relics work best?

Get two War Hero Relics of Boundless Ages (the +113 Power ones). Augment with Reflex Augments (the ones that add aim).

Use Blackhole implants. The ones with 71 power and 57 accuracy and augment them with aim as well. Don't use the War Hero implants in PVE.

Is using Aim augments better than Power augments for PvP? Or no?

Power gives slightly more Dmg (but the difference is less than for other classes due to the 9% Aim from the skilltree) but Aim gives some Crit as well.

If I was minmaxed already (imho) I would have these stats with 14 aim augments:

Aim 1833.1

Power 825.0

Crit 268.0

Damage (Pri) 924.2 - 1216.2

Critical Chance 35.72%

With 14 Power augments it would look like this.

Aim 1545.8

Power 1077.0

Crit 268.0

Damage (Pri) 924.7 - 1216.7

Critical Chance 34.24%

Is using Aim augments better than Power augments for PvP? Or no?

As long as you're putting a full 3 points in Iron Sights, you're getting 9% more aim. Combined with the consular buff this means that effectively every point of aim gives .228 bonus damage as well as a small amount of crit. Power gives .23 bonus damage per point.

Augmenting with full power over aim won't even get you one extra bonus damage over augmenting with aim, whereas augmenting with aim will give you almost a full 1% extra crit.

So yes, it's better.

Okay I have been having a hard time deciding which of the WH items (Relics, and Implants) I should choose for my Gunnery spec Commando for maximum DPS. I am wondering out there, whoever has this stuff, which set of implants and relics work best?

Since you're asking about War Hero... do you mean for pvp or pve? Because the advice here is good for PVE (yes, pvp relics are the best pve dps relics...). For pvp you should keep some pvp implants as well, expertise is by far the best stat to have on any item for PVP.

I went with the annihilator ear, and then 1 annihilator and 1 boltblaster for the implants. I wanted the surge over the accuracy which is why I went with the single boltblaster. You lose a little aim, gain a little endurance, but between augments and battle stims I've got plenty of aim. This balances my stats using unmodded WH eliminator gear as I just got full WH and haven't been able to start getting additional pieces to rip out the mods and make adjustments. You could go with full annihilator, but I feel that the surge is too low while pushing accuracy higher than what it needs to be. I build gear spreadsheet and find them quite useful in seeing the full set of stats on the gear sets i'm trying to build. Also be aware that as you're building it will at times be impossible to keep your stats "balanced".