The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which pvp set for kinetic shadow endgame pvp ?

Pathlight-

I recently read that the tank set is not very useful in pvp because it's damage mitigation is mainly geared toward white damage. As a kinetic shadow, I'm trying to be as hard to kill as possible. Should I therefore mix the 2 sets or will I still get better survivability with full tank gear ?

Full tank sheild and all...maybe some blackhole/campaign peices to really accent high defense and absob-

but i would keep my exp higher then 1140.

Full Shadow tanks are a pain to face...so many goodies in there bags to keep you off there healers.

Full tank sheild and all...maybe some blackhole/campaign peices to really accent high defense and absob-

but i would keep my exp higher then 1140.

Full Shadow tanks are a pain to face...so many goodies in there bags to keep you off there healers.

That's what I thought at first but many players say that the tank set focuses too much on shield chance which is only marginally useful in pvp (as about 75% of the damage is yellow, not white). Therefore this would mean sacrificing a lot of damage potential for only marginal protection. That's why I'm looking for insights from experienced pvp kinetic shadows so I don't grind the wrong set.

Edited by Pathlight-

That's what I thought at first but many players say that the tank set focuses too much on shield chance which is only marginally useful in pvp (as about 75% of the damage is yellow, not white). Therefore this would mean sacrificing a lot of damage potential for only marginal protection. That's why I'm looking for insights from experienced pvp kinetic shadows so I don't grind the wrong set.

I wouldnt bother with the Shield. The survivor or Stalker set take your pick :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have fully customized dps gear, but sometimes I like to throw 2-5 tank pieces on for certain situations. I use WH gloves/legs, 2 bm def relics & bm shield. It gives me the edge to be a good ball carrier, defend and distract ppl well.

So, basically with all those pieces I have

23.43% def chance

28.73% shield

36.06% absorb

--unbuffed--valor&rakata resolve stim

1062 melee dmg

477 melee bonus

718 force dmg

Enough dps to kill most ppl and enough mitigation/def to make 3-5 ppl take some time to kill me, plus maybe 1 kill under my belt. Imo, it's the def chance that is the game changer as it affects all classes. That's better than 0% w/o shield. I noticed many ppl after an encounter would simply avoid me afterwards.

I'm going to get a full tank set, but tbh I think part-tanking it is prob better, since you have to stack so much def stats to get the huge stats. I inspect tons of shadow and the pure tanks will have killer absorb/shield, but as the other said, classes play a big part of it being efficient. So, you have to look at it like this-how much dps do I want to give up for extra survivability.

Of course, since I'm a power junkie and when the class composition doesn't help the benefits of shield...I go all power and rage kill \m/_

Theegood KC Shadows who want to go full tank gear for PvP swap out the mods to get them the high endurance versions - this, I think, is a must and can get you to 26k HP, which is really pretty insane. They also get rid of most of their shield/absorb stats and replace them with defense rating until they are at around 29 - 30% defense chance, filling the rest in with shield/absorb.

Theegood KC Shadows who want to go full tank gear for PvP swap out the mods to get them the high endurance versions - this, I think, is a must and can get you to 26k HP, which is really pretty insane. They also get rid of most of their shield/absorb stats and replace them with defense rating until they are at around 29 - 30% defense chance, filling the rest in with shield/absorb.

Your saying rip out the mods and enhancements of the stalker gear and stick them in the survivor slots?

I made a mistake, w/no shield I still have 16% def chance, so shield makes a significant change.

I think the other poster is saying that mods in the same set have higher end and to stack those. It sounds like mods w/def have higher end.

I made a mistake, w/no shield I still have 16% def chance, so shield makes a significant change.

I think the other poster is saying that mods in the same set have higher end and to stack those. It sounds like mods w/def have higher end.

Yes but that would greatly decrease your DPS right? if that is the case why not just go survivor? high in endurance and defence stats.

I am going to get a full tank set, like I said in my 1st reply, but it affects force dmg more than melee and I rely on melee more.

When I wear just shield, relic and leggings I still have 1103 melee dmg 761 force. That's a lot more than survivor.

1vs1 I usually don't have any problems against a shadow pure tank, which is a class a shield makes a difference.