fix malavai quinn

Ldiablo

I thought this post was about sending him to the vet to be fixed.

But I agree, actually fixing his ability to heal would be great. I have wondered if it is a range thing (are his heals shorter range so that he will not move in to prioritize healing you and will instead just auto attack with his longer ranged attacks?) I often turn him to passive to get him to run in and turn him active again. Suddenly I am being healed.

there is a trick for improving your healers performance and only the true sith have this option.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/ehIyvxO/punish

use this before a big pull and watch quinn pump out some serious HPS.

Its funny when you use that on quinn, and then he doesnt even finish the animation before healing himself.

and then, if you get into a fight, he will spam like crazy.

also, he only has one direct damage ability, and one stun (though that only lasts while he channels it) so I dont know why he isn't healing you.

worst companion heler in the game. i'm sick of sitting under 30% health watching him dps when i have all of his shots disabled. this is just one of myriad reasons to hate him.

I noticed he has a shorter healing range than a DPS range. If you are to far out he will just sit there blasting away using normal attacks.

I thought this post was about sending him to the vet to be fixed.

But I agree, actually fixing his ability to heal would be great. I have wondered if it is a range thing (are his heals shorter range so that he will not move in to prioritize healing you and will instead just auto attack with his longer ranged attacks?) I often turn him to passive to get him to run in and turn him active again. Suddenly I am being healed.

Yep that is it.

Try not to get to far ahead of him and he will heal you again. If you do notice he is not healing and in a big fight just use your AoE stun and run towards him. Once you get in his range he will heal you up again.

Edited by Overtone

worst companion heler in the game. i'm sick of sitting under 30% health watching him dps when i have all of his shots disabled. this is just one of myriad reasons to hate him.

Sorry, but Quinn rocks as a healer!

Gear him up, stay in range and line of sight and turn his MedScan on, and he is a beast.

I'm able to solo every heroic daily on my Marauder with ease because of Quinn.

There are many, many things I would like to fix about this guy. But yeah, the healing range issue would be nice for a start.

what's the issue ? his healing range is 30m, so is your charge. if you charge at that range, and then move, he'll be out of range. when that happens, and quick on/off on his passive will do the trick. the only ability i have disabled is the carbonized stream, wich is too damn long for a channeled ability.....

• 3 weeks later...
Its funny when you use that on quinn, and then he doesnt even finish the animation before healing himself.

and then, if you get into a fight, he will spam like crazy.

also, he only has one direct damage ability, and one stun (though that only lasts while he channels it) so I dont know why he isn't healing you.

Well, that explains that for me because, I've never had a problem with him healing me- but, then again I always like smacking him around- 1) because I figured it had to be buffing something and, 2) given the fact that he's beating the crud out of one of his men when you first meet him, I figured that's just the way he likes to roll so, given that I am playing LS my first time around, and since he is one of my crew, I'd oblige him.

;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.