group finder tweak..

Dedrayge

So yea, I've been spending the past four hours in queue to do SM Coliciod or Red Reaper. After about an hour or so of waiting I get bored so I decided to be PVP but right in the middle of a WZ, that's when it finds a group. I sure as hell don't want leave in the middle of a WZ so now I have to hit decline and get removed from the group finder and start all over again. And again, another hour or so of waiting and I get a pop in a WZ again. I mean, am I supposed to park my butt on fleet and stare at the screen in endless boredom? Of course, I could go quest on planets, but, I've done that so many times I'm kind of tired of it. I mean, it's just the same old, same old and with character perks there's more exp gains from WZs and FPs. So, it'd be nice if the group finder wouldn't force one to the bottom of the list when declining during a WZ. It would just be nice if I could PVP while waiting for a group consequence free. At this point it feels like i have to choose one or the other.

And of course, just so it's said again, group finder needs to be putting people back to the spot or area they where at when they shuttled to the FP the group finder sent them too. It's suppose to be a conveniencece feature, not another headache.

NOTE: If there's already a thread, didn't see it.

Edited by Dedrayge

And of course, just so it's said again, group finder needs to be putting people back to the spot or area they where at when they shuttled to the FP the group finder sent them too. It's suppose to be a conveniencece feature, not another headache.

I think this is the main reason people don't like to use it pre-50, as they have to travel back to their planet after finishing every FP and it's just a major time-waste. So +1 there. I think your other issue would be solved with a larger player base using the LFG system, so BW needs to think of ways they can make it more appealing to lower levels (planet commendations are next to useless when levelling)

They're already working on returning characters after completing Flashpoints.

It took Blizzard a while to work out how to achieve this without strange results - it has to be totally reliable or it'll do more harm than good and that means more testing, more iteration and generally lots of work to ensure all the corner cases are covered... due to its potential impact it may even need to go to PTS before release.

They're under tons of pressure as it is, better that we grant them our patience while they do what they need to do to get it right.

They're already working on returning characters after completing Flashpoints.

It took Blizzard a while to work out how to achieve this without strange results - it has to be totally reliable or it'll do more harm than good and that means more testing, more iteration and generally lots of work to ensure all the corner cases are covered... due to its potential impact it may even need to go to PTS before release.

They're under tons of pressure as it is, better that we grant them our patience while they do what they need to do to get it right.

They already do it for WZs though?

You've got me there... I rarely ever touch warzones (after doing them to death during previous months).

I can only guess that such features aren't in any way modular then, they wouldn't be the first company to bake in code for something like that and then on the next project have to re-invent that very same wheel - and by the logic of those same people, bake that code in as well.

I always had the impression that that's what Blizz did with environmental effects in wow, you see it frustratingly often in outsourced business software projects.