PVP all levels in the same war-zones

Papeion

what is the point of level 10's killing level 40's in pvp? it's stupid , i went in as a level 10 sith sorcerer and i was killing level 30,s and 40's , one hit from these guys and it should be goodnight for me but no , how dose it work ? and why aren't war-zones grouped with players around the same level, i know / hope there's a good answer , but at the risk of looking stupid i am gonna ask ? :rak_02:

Having too many levels would spread out the queues too much and make it take forever to get a match going. That being said, there is a bolster mechanic in warzones that buffs everyone to level 49 stats (it is done based on the gear you are wearing as compared to your level). If you are wearing level 10 armor at level 10, your stats will bolster correctly, if you're still wearing level 10 armor at level 20, your stats will be far below what everyone else is being bolstered to. That is why everyone can compete on somewhat equal ground.

In 10-49 PvP you will notice that you have a buff on you where your stats are bolstered to be competitive with the higher levels in warzones. They did this instead of level brackets to provide quicker queues for warzones as they are not cross-server.

At level 50, the bolster is removed and you only fight level 50s.

what is the point of level 10's killing level 40's in pvp? it's stupid , i went in as a level 10 sith sorcerer and i was killing level 30,s and 40's , one hit from these guys and it should be goodnight for me but no , how dose it work ? and why aren't war-zones grouped with players around the same level, i know / hope there's a good answer , but at the risk of looking stupid i am gonna ask ? :rak_02:

I hope it was worth it.

Bolstered stats and defense mitigation (you get less and less bolstering as you get closer to 49 in level) is why some classes can shine significantly at very low levels compared to other classes. For example: Sniper/Gunslinger do some INSANE damage at low levels - I had gotten 6.7k Ambush crits as level 10 sniper - which quickly drops off as you level and obtain more abilities; one of my guildies has a lv. 11 gunslinger that has thrown up 6400 aimed shot main-hand crits (~10k total damage if his off-hand hits/crits); tank specs seem to perform poorly at low levels (survivability being rediculously high, however) via bolstering; PT/VG DPS specs (mostly pyro) seem to put out similar values from 10-34, then they start becoming almost godly as they acquire their later talents, etc...

Bolstering helps to bridge the gap between low levels and high levels, but there are certainly quite a few classes/specs that don't benefit as significantly as others.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.