Legacy Perk Idea: Calling on your alts in combat?

Gendrasto

So I was thinking about some cool legacy perk ideas that could actually be implemented into the game with relative ease, and I thought about how cool it would be if you could have your alts fight with you every now and then. At first, I thought it was a silly idea, but after thinking about it for while, it doesn't really seem that impossible. It would probably have to be an ability that you couldn't use that often, with a long cooldown or only usable during Heroic Moment, but I can't really see any reason why it couldn't be done. It could have a little animation of your character using his or her holocom, then one of your alts comes running up from behind you and joining in the fight for a few seconds to a minute or something. Their stats could be scaled up or down to match your current character's level, like the way they do it in PVP warzones if you're below level 50. I think it would make the whole Legacy family tree idea seem alot more real to have your other family members help you out in such a way. Thoughts?

Well it might have to depend on what connection your alt has to your current character. If they are an ally or family member, they might be inclined to assist you dispite the different factions. Maybe if they are a rival, it could be an out-of-combat thing like the Companion Dance ability in which you call them down for a duel or something. Doesn't really help you in combat, but it would be a fun little thing to show off to other players with. :)

Well it could be both, depending on your family tree connection to that alt. My original idea was that it would be cool to have your alt or alts help you in combat, not really in a show-off kind of way. Also, if the alt that you summon is of the opposite faction, I don't think many people would get hung up on the fact that they should be enemies. I think most people would like the idea. :)

If there was any perk to be added purely just for looks, it should be the ability to have your companion ride along with you on a seperate speeder on your travels instead of vanishing into thin air when you mount :confused:

That's a cool idea too. :D

Well it could be both, depending on your family tree connection to that alt. My original idea was that it would be cool to have your alt or alts help you in combat, not really in a show-off kind of way. Also, if the alt that you summon is of the opposite faction, I don't think many people would get hung up on the fact that they should be enemies. I think most people would like the idea. :)

While for others, it's potentially lore breaking for such enemies to fraternize.

While for others, it's potentially lore breaking for such enemies to fraternize.

Well those people don't have to use the ability, then. Just like they don't HAVE to assign members of the opposite faction as allies in their family tree, even though they can.

• 5 months later...
Hey, this is actually my post from the first account I had but lost the authenticator and whatnot. Just wanted to add some more ideas on the subject and take credit just incase Bioware decides to use the idea or hire me, lol. Edited by Eraston

The alt you call into combat could be system-controlled, and the stats of their gear would be irrelevant becuse they could just mirror the stats of the character you're currently playing on. Also, if the alt is a different class than the one you're playing, It could just take your primary stat and convert it to the primary stat of their class. Edited by Eraston