The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

This Spec

Ardim

If you take one point out of PPA and take Hydraulic Overrides, you'll have an amazing spec. There's absolutely no reason to go that high in the AP tree unless you take HO, so be sure to tell him that.

On to why it rocks. Even though misses out on the +% Surge talents gained higher in either of the trees, it keeps what I consider to be the best of both worlds. You get the staple of the Pyro tree's damage, with PPA and the potential perma-slow of Sweltering Heat, and you get the mobility(HO) and increased utility(lower CD's, ammo preservation procs) of the AP tree. You also retain the incredible and defining AoE potential of fully stacked PFT's. Theres actually a thread on it by dijskykiller where its referred to as the Extreme Prototype. Very fun and all too viable imo.

If you take one point out of PPA and take Hydraulic Overrides, you'll have an amazing spec. There's absolutely no reason to go that high in the AP tree unless you take HO, so be sure to tell him that.

On to why it rocks. Even though misses out on the +% Surge talents gained higher in either of the trees, it keeps what I consider to be the best of both worlds. You get the staple of the Pyro tree's damage, with PPA and the potential perma-slow of Sweltering Heat, and you get the mobility(HO) and increased utility(lower CD's, ammo preservation procs) of the AP tree. You also retain the incredible and defining AoE potential of fully stacked PFT's. Theres actually a thread on it by dijskykiller where its referred to as the Extreme Prototype. Very fun and all too viable imo.

All right, thanks for the info. :)

If you look there are many posts here regarding the Hybrid AP/pyro. YOu have choices, I wouldn't take a point out of PPA but that's me, I'd take it out of CG. You have a few points to move based on you're preference but the general spec is go up pyro enough for at least 2/3 ppa and HO in AP.

If you look there are many posts here regarding the Hybrid AP/pyro. YOu have choices, I wouldn't take a point out of PPA but that's me, I'd take it out of CG. You have a few points to move based on you're preference but the general spec is go up pyro enough for at least 2/3 ppa and HO in AP.

This, and i hate all you Hybrids :p. When I am on my Scoundrel, I hate the hybrids more than I hate AP PT"s. Freaking dot's plus HTL ticks me off. When i am on my guardian, pt's just make me laugh. I just force push and attack something else.

This, and i hate all you Hybrids :p. When I am on my Scoundrel, I hate the hybrids more than I hate AP PT"s. Freaking dot's plus HTL ticks me off. When i am on my guardian, pt's just make me laugh. I just force push and attack something else.

Why when you jump to me i hit HO so your push doesn't work (depends on situation/map/etc) but yeah. It's the one hybrid spec I'm really loving. I used to parakeet and even tho it was decent, not like this hybrid.

Why when you jump to me i hit HO so your push doesn't work (depends on situation/map/etc) but yeah. It's the one hybrid spec I'm really loving. I used to parakeet and even tho it was decent, not like this hybrid.

I was talking about PT's in general. If you want to get specific, If I see that orange glowing thing I hilt strike, you break it, I choke, now htl is gone, I force push and then laugh. I play a tank hybrid with unremitting because it's more fun to stun, stun, stun, leap and not be able to be stunned.

On my Scoundrel, I tendon blast Than you pop HO. I drop a dirty kick, you break it, Flash bang, let me dots keep ticking until I get grappled back to you haha. Playing against AP and the Hybrid is a pain so much CC that you have to use before you actually get him low.

I was talking about PT's in general. If you want to get specific, If I see that orange glowing thing I hilt strike, you break it, I choke, now htl is gone, I force push and then laugh. I play a tank hybrid with unremitting because it's more fun to stun, stun, stun, leap and not be able to be stunned.

On my Scoundrel, I tendon blast Than you pop HO. I drop a dirty kick, you break it, Flash bang, let me dots keep ticking until I get grappled back to you haha. Playing against AP and the Hybrid is a pain so much CC that you have to use before you actually get him low.

Stupid jugg's, hate them. Yea why I like the Pub side HO, not as much notice when HO is popped.