Ok to switch to lethiality at 40?

fitzle

im closing in on 40 real fast and all i have wanted to do is play letiality with the tree filled out. i love the poisen dot over time style spec.

is it fine to swith to it at 40? i have been marks the whole time. i dont mid marks but i wana play leth so bad.

so from 40 to 50 is it ok while leveling?

lets hear from the community guys thx a bunch

Any time after you get access to Cull is manageable. What holds us back before level 50 is that we tend to have very low crit chance while leveling, so we only get a small amount of energy return from Lethal Purpose.

Also until you start getting into the 50 flashpoints and ops things don't have enough health to bother going through the full lethality rotation. Since you'll end up killing most things with grenades/snipe/ambush/SoS better to go eng or MM to level efficiently

I'm with llama and Tibbel.

After Cull, lethality at least has its signature powers and can work. Before that, it really offers little in PVE.

However, I still think it's not the optimal leveling spec (for PVE) as you will be using "standard" sniper powers much more than the lethality specific ones. CG+CD+Cull is 65 energy and not very fast. CG then has a long cooldown so you can't follow up with another combo all the time (it's range is also not very large so you often miss one foe). In the end, you end up only using it against strongs or elites which make up a fairly small portion of the foes you fight. Normals shouldn't give you a challenge regardless of what you do spec wise, but most people look to level efficiently and quickly.

So then you look at the standard sniper powers and the lethality tree has almost no talents that boost them.

If you want to PVP, then lethality should be perfecly viable.

Edited by Infalliable

I wen to lethality at lv28 - got Cull at 30, and never looked back. The internal dmg is very good and i can solo lots Heroics alone thanks to higher mobility and Cull.

Also in PVP i do good thanks to CG aoe and Cull. I really like it more than MM.