My Combat Medic Gear/Augmentation Goals

Capt_Beers

Gear Goals

Under the Wish List tab you'll find what gear I am currently progressing towards. Any suggestions/improvements/criticisms? As far as I can tell this should put everything right around where it should be.

My line of thought:

• I put decided on power augments for everything since it has no cap at the moment.

• Split the enhancements between power/alacrity and power/surge to maintain a good amount of increased casting speed as well as a good crit. bonus.

• War Hero relics as more power = more good.

• Critical chance is on the low side at just below 30% and is provided completely by Aim and buff/skills. I chose this over crit. mods/augments etc. because I believe the higher sustained heals will balance it out.

IMO you have to much crit rating (414). I'd try replacing some of those cirt mods and enhancements with power ones. Then make up for the crit with aim augs. Also, I don't think you need that much activation speed when putting 2 into first responder... but that just my opinion. I have always had my activation speed between 9-10%... until I met Kephess in hard mode... now it's at 11-12% (with just 1 in FR)

For reference here's my current build: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/bf487e97-344c-4b5e-9545-8cb90267f241

(it's time for me to get those datacrons!)

edit* facepalm... wasn't looking at the wish list

Everything looks good... I still think you have to much activation speed... 2 implants, 2 enhancements, plus spec'ing in to the 4% should be enough (11%ish) then you can use some surge enhancements.

Edited by KBsFuRy

I agree on the activation speed. I found that even in PvP 12.5% is where you want to be - with 1 point in First Responder - that's usually always up so my heals are 1.2 seconds and 1.6 which is fast enough to make interrupts hard. I don't think it would matter too much in PvE, because when it comes down to that then there are other issues at hand and you'd go OOM quick anyway.

Thanks for the advice! I switched out 2 power/surge enhancements for a crit/surge and power/alacrity enhancement and tech stats read as follows now:

Bonus Damage 1018.7

Bonus Healing 719.7

Accuracy 100.00%

Critical Chance 31.23%

Critical Multiplier 74.82%

Activation Speed 12.89%

From what I have read on these forums that is about where everything starts to cap/hit DR. Now all have to do is get together allthe BH comms to buy all this junk (should've mentioned my guild is pretty inconsistent with doing Ops. so I'll have to most likely farm BH comms. form the LFG tool daily. Sooo many pairs of gloves:cool: