Why no-one does group bonus

Subzz

Why is that?? I've been in a bunch of FP's and such using the group finder tool as well as the daily heroic's and I would say that 98% of the time it's a rush to the finish even to the point of skipping trip star boss's which do drop loot and comms and crystals.

It just seems that it's a rush to not play the game as in killing stuff and gathering creds.

It's not really a big deal to me as I always ask prior to the group starting if bonus stuff will be done or not so that way I know what is expected.

Are the bonus drops and rewards truly not worth the extra few minutes it takes to do them?

I remember when I was lvl'ing I would always do the bonus stuff as the rewards were pretty good and it also earned you some decent creds and such was the advice given by other players in the always present question, "whats the fastest way to lvl".

As always I have donned my flame suit for the ever present flame that will be sent my way but a reasoned explanation would be welcome as to why it seems noone does bonus stuff.

Thanks in advance.

I would say for most people who are part of a guild who runs Operations, most of the rewards from the Hard Mode FPs are going to be sold/given to companions. The reason I would wager for the rush to the end would be to get the daily done for the BH Comms and out of the way as it is perceived as more of a chore than enjoyment.

I will admit I am one of these people but if 3/4 people are game for it I'm usually open to trying it once or twice just to see the bonus encounter as I don't do it regularly.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Loquille

Are the bonus drops and rewards truly not worth the extra few minutes it takes to do them?

Thanks in advance.

All bonus bosses drop around 2k credits total and tionese implants/ear pieces. The time it takes it not worth the reward. With the new recruit system for pvp gear it is better to just buy the recruit implants/ear until you can get columi or rakata. Best part is since 1.3 you get those pieces for free. You can either get the full recruit gear set or just get the token for 320k credits and buy the pieces you need to substitute in for HMs until you get columi.

I agree with the above responses. In my experience, the HM FPs bosses drop Columi gear. It is easy to get that from normal Ops and daily/weekly rewards. If you are doing HM Ops or Story mode EC, you are getting Rakata level gear. So that columi piece from that bonus boss is not worth the effort. The HM FPs are being done mostly for BH comms. And they have become like dailies - a chore.

I have run these so many times, I remember all the choices and their responses (run them with 3 characters every day LOL - I have no life I guess). SO in my case, my goal is to get those BH comms as quickly as possible. Having said that, if any team member wants to do bonus bosses or go through the cinematic, I do not push them to spacebar dialogs just because I skip them.

I'm very confused by this thread. It's obviously a direct statement. "Why no one does group bonus". I was thinking for sure you were going to lay down some knowledge as to why groups don't do group bonuses.

Instead it's followed by a question. Why is that??

Edited by Holden_Dissent

Why is that?? I've been in a bunch of FP's and such using the group finder tool as well as the daily heroic's and I would say that 98% of the time it's a rush to the finish even to the point of skipping trip star boss's which do drop loot and comms and crystals.

Most people are running the group finder HM FP's strictly for the 5 BH comms.

Myself, I have no need for 1 Tionese crystal that a bonus boss will drop, it's useless, and a waste of time, if someone is undergeared and asks to kill it, I'm all for it and will help them out.