Dodge

kamikrazy

I was curious to see if anyone else was having issues with dodge. First off, I wish our dodge worked like it does for scoundrels (cleanses and removes roots/snares).

My concern is that I've taken large amounts of damage while I had Dodge (and defense screen up as well) activated when I should have been evading all attacks for 3 seconds (except internal damage, I'm assuming).

It only makes you avoid melee and ranged attacks.

This means that Force and Tech attacks will still hit you.

Basically, you will still take damage from just about anything from a sorceror, many things from scoundrels, some of the really big key hits from classes like juggs and marauders (Smash, Force Scream, all of their bleeds), etc. will still hit you. It's a very strong cooldown, but its not complete and total immunity.

How it can be strong CD if it actually is really usefull against fellow gunslinger/snipers? I only use it as last resort whne I am about to die anyway and hope it will let me fire one more shot at opponent.

It is better to use dodge as a defense against a known incoming attack that you know will hit very hard and you want to avoid it but you can't get LoS. Such abilities include master strike/ravage, ambush/aimed shot, unload/full auto, tracer missile/gav round spam if you cannot interrupt, railshot, and a few others.

If you wait to use it until you are almost dead you will generally waste it unless you know the class you are using it against is going to be using their execute and their execute is white damage.

It is better to use dodge as a defense against a known incoming attack that you know will hit very hard and you want to avoid it but you can't get LoS. Such abilities include master strike/ravage, ambush/aimed shot, unload/full auto, tracer missile/gav round spam if you cannot interrupt, railshot, and a few others.

If you wait to use it until you are almost dead you will generally waste it unless you know the class you are using it against is going to be using their execute and their execute is white damage.

Thanks for the responses.

Yes, if I'm hunkered down and don't want to waste my cc immunity but am about to eat a master strike, I will pop my defensive CDs.

I guess I'm just trying to reconcile the fact that I'm uber squishy and can't compete with a certain other DPS class when it comes to survivability.. or DPS.

DON'T pop Dodge during Tracer Missile/Grav Round. That will just make you disappointed when that Tech damage comes through anyways and kills you.

Nah, I just interrupt and watch the BH stand there for a good 3-4 seconds wondering why their ability is on CD.

Thanks for the responses.

Yes, if I'm hunkered down and don't want to waste my cc immunity but am about to eat a master strike, I will pop my defensive CDs.

I guess I'm just trying to reconcile the fact that I'm uber squishy and can't compete with a certain other DPS class when it comes to survivability.. or DPS.

If you want to feel less squishy go sab spec :D. Although a constant reset of your ballistic dampers can make ss a lot less squishy.

sorry about my mistake on listing gav round/tracer missile. I usually interrupt it as well, but I thought it was weapon damage, my mistake. Best ability to use dodge on is master strike/ravage. It hits like a truck and is damn near impossible to get out of.