Please check your role in group finder

mavsynchroid

Just a friendly reminder to everyone. Please make sure to check what role you have checked off in group finder. At least half of the Flash points i've went into using the group finder has turned out to be a wasted trip to the fleet because someone did not uncheck their healer option when they are dps, or something along those lines.

I wouldn't mind it except for the fact that I'm brought to the fleet, and have to travel back to wherever I was before the que popped.

Word of warning added to this sensible suggestion: the role(s) indicator will often reset to the default two choices, even if you previously de-selected one of them. Apparently it doesn't remember your preference.

All in all, look-before-you-click is a good idea.

Exactly. People also need to realize just because they're a commando/merc who has healing abilities, that does NOT make you a healing/dps hybrid. Your spec tree decided what you are. Last night yet again, i had someone who had both dps and heals checked, so of course they were picked for healer. Then they say "I'm both a healer and a dps, my dps i better but i can heal as well too". Obviously they've never healed a group in a FP, or they'd realize how noobish this statement is.

Your spec tree decides what role you play. If you chose the healing spec tree, you're a healer, not a healer/dps. If you chose the damage tree, you're dps, not dps/healer.

Using the group finder has amazed me with how many people think they are hybrids.

Word of warning added to this sensible suggestion: the role(s) indicator will often reset to the default two choices, even if you previously de-selected one of them. Apparently it doesn't remember your preference.

All in all, look-before-you-click is a good idea.

this, this, and this again! One of the more annoying things now is the mis-assignment of roles. Please double check your role when the queue pops and make sure it's correct. Particularly when queuing in a party, if you're not the group leader it tends to default and select both specs for you, a quick fix would be to update your role once you're placed into the queue...assuming it didn't pop instantly

whenever i queue, i always deselect dps, but it doesn't appear to actually do anything. I left the window open while waiting out of curiousity, and the dps option actually filled back in right in front of my eyes. not joking.

Before you get mad at someone being assigned a role that they are not suited for, keep in mind that the group finder has a bug where it will assign you to a role you did not select. I am a DPS commando and once in a while I will be put into a group as a healer and I did not have healer checked.

I'm well geared so I will just heal it, but it's annoying. :p Fix it Bioware!

Before you get mad at someone being assigned a role that they are not suited for, keep in mind that the group finder has a bug where it will assign you to a role you did not select. I am a DPS commando and once in a while I will be put into a group as a healer and I did not have healer checked.

I'm well geared so I will just heal it, but it's annoying. :p Fix it Bioware!

for me, it's not sometime, it's everytime. Sometimes i do get in the group as the role I want, but i'm fairly certain it queues me for both rolls regardless of what i click.

To reiterate: the Group Finder will often queue you for a role you do not have selected. It rarely happens on my Tank/DpS toons, but for guildies with Heal/DpS toons the bug seems to be almost constant. One workaround we've found is to give Lead to the Heal/Dps and have them queue up, it usually works that way.

What is a problem, are those who click accept even if the Group Finder tells them their DpS toon has been selected as the Heals for a group. Take the time, look over your confirmation window, and if you are being inserted as Heals, but are not, please don't accept.

Oh, and filing a Bug Report couldn't hurt.

I actually screwed this up last week, when I was dps spec but it put me in as heals... Oops. Luckily for everyone involved I bought the field respecialization legacy thingie and carry multiple sets of gear on me. Weeeee!!!

for me, it's not sometime, it's everytime. Sometimes i do get in the group as the role I want, but i'm fairly certain it queues me for both rolls regardless of what i click.

I swear that's what happened to me too- I had unchecked heals before I queued. Hmm....