The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stuck at level 44 with my Sage

_Ekinox_

I am stuck at level 44 with my Jedi "SAGE". I am not able to kill a level 41 Droid which is part of my main character missions to advance in the game. I don't even know how many times I tried and I spent many many hours to level my Sage up (first try was at level 42), so I run around killing to level up 2 levels but still unable to kill that droid.

I am definitely enjoyed and stressed. :rod_mad_p:

Therefore I started now with a new character to relax myself and not cancel the games as I really enjoy it.

SWTOR - Best Game ever :csw_r2d2:

Nevertheless, any recommendations would be great-full ... maybe this should be reviewed by Bioware as it is really very hard to level-up (kill Elites and Bosses) with a SAGE character.

:ph_thank_you:

I'm not sure if I can help much since I have a 50 sith sorcerer, but heres some things that may help;

Are you using the correct companion? (dps/tank if heal specced, or vice versa)

Try using stims or medpacs

Try to interrupt the attack that does most damage (you get knockback/interrupt/stun) or kite it if possible

Try to get better gear if you can (maybe for companion also)

Make sure you've got buffs on (if you don't have all of them you can try play a warzone and get all buffs on before ending, or just get someone to give you them)

Edited by WaldoA

In addition to what the other poster said: Don't forget to use your heroic moment thingy.

If all else fails admit defeat and get a friend to help you. The toughest storyline bosses go down real easy when two players take them on.

Some poor soul was in a similar position to you the other day when I was playing on Voss. Said he had been stuck on a boss for days, and would I help him? The two of us beat him easily. Some people frown on this sort of thing, but the poor guy was at his wit's end. It is worth at least considering.

Edited by PLynkes

Are you using the correct companion? (dps/tank if heal specced, or vice versa)

I tried already with all of them.

Try using stims or medpacs

I always used a stim and had to use a medpack (each time lost again a stim)

I think I just did once a warzone, so I will try to do a few more and also will ask for help.

Many thanks for your advises.

Makes my head a bit more clear.

:csw_jabbapet:

I found on some class quests that were meant to be my level, i got wiped. I just levelled 3-5 more levels and went back with better gear, made sure all equipment was repaired and completed it. Also dont be shy to ask for help, if me or any other guild members asked in chat, plenty would offer to help. Ive even seen people help strangers via general chat so stick with it and im sure youll do it soon

the most common "error" I've seen in such cases is this: People forget to use their "interrupt" ability on the heavy hitting attacks.

So as a general hint: Use the interrupt on every attack with a casting time above 2.5 secs

I am stuck at level 44 with my Jedi "SAGE". I am not able to kill a level 41 Droid which is part of my main character missions to advance in the game. I don't even know how many times I tried and I spent many many hours to level my Sage up (first try was at level 42), so I run around killing to level up 2 levels but still unable to kill that droid.

I am definitely enjoyed and stressed. :rod_mad_p:

Therefore I started now with a new character to relax myself and not cancel the games as I really enjoy it.

SWTOR - Best Game ever :csw_r2d2:

Nevertheless, any recommendations would be great-full ... maybe this should be reviewed by Bioware as it is really very hard to level-up (kill Elites and Bosses) with a SAGE character.

Which exact droid is it, and what spec are you using on your sage? I just went through as a DPS sage, and don't recall any really difficult boss fights using the Balance spec; I used Qyzen most of the time, just force armour him, throw periodic damage attacks, and keep him alive. Stun big moves, etc.

What server are you on?

maybe this should be reviewed by Bioware as it is really very hard to level-up (kill Elites and Bosses) with a SAGE character.

This just doesnt hold true. It appears you're simply more inexperienced; you can't use anecdotal evidence to support your idea, otherwise there would be several sages on here telling you that the sage is a lot easier to use against elites and bosses than a lot of other classes ( such as the pure DPS classes. )

What server are you on?

I am setup as DPS, but yes quite inexperienced and don't have much knowledge how to gear up correctly. That's why I am always try to level up a bit higher than the actual quests.

I am on server: The Progenitor

Today I will try to ask again for random help and get this droid down.

Some of the characters have shielding abilities.

Did you try repairing your and your companions armor at a med droid or vendor?

Otherwise try doing a couple space missions and battles to lvl up or if you are really patient, lvl up on the planet.

Put your best medpacs on your ability bar (for quick access (on the ab bar left-click it)).

I haven't come up with anything else but I hope I gave you a couple ideas.

the most common "error" I've seen in such cases is this: People forget to use their "interrupt" ability on the heavy hitting attacks.

So as a general hint: Use the interrupt on every attack with a casting time above 2.5 secs

The most common error I see is people commenting without knowledge. That nasty piece of a droid has an uninterruptable attack that follows a grapple of all team members, which usually kills your companion if you do not anticipate that attack earlier and have set him to passive.

I also had problems with that droid on my balance shadow, luckily some lvl50 vanguard helped me. Good thing this quest is on one of the lvl50 daily planets.

Ask for help, ask for help, ask for help. Just give a shout in general. At some point in time, just about everyone encounters a hard boss. You would be surprised how easy it is to get community help because sometime before or in the near future, we're gonna need help as well.

if you haven't done so already, join a guild.