Should WZs give social points?

Hambunctious

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they should. I heard the argument about PvE should give valor but that is a PvP stat used for personal ranking of ones time spent (not skill) in warzones. PvP is incredibly social, more social than four random people running threw black talon to farm social points.

Yes they should. I heard the argument about PvE should give valor but that is a PvP stat used for personal ranking of ones time spent (not skill) in warzones. PvP is incredibly social, more social than four random people running threw black talon to farm social points.

Absolutely.

What if they rename them to "FlashPoint Points" then and remove the argument that WZ are 'social'?

The intent was clearly to have PVE rewards to encourage PVE play. Exactly the same as Valor was to give rewards and encourage PVP play (and both have gear progressions).

I agree on giving social points for doing PVP. I'd be fine if they only gave it to you if you were grouped with other players and multipled the number you get by the number in your party just like FPs.

And in what way do social points link directly to PVE other than they are earned by questing with other people? Last I checked there aren't different Rakata or Campaign sets based on social rank (to be fair, if there were then I could understand the comparison to valor). I'm not sure why people think their ability to press 1, 2, or 3 during cut scenes is social when I've had runs through the LFG tool where no one said a word.