Thoughts on this Hybrid Build

Ananaku

Benefits: Super Speed, Watchman Burn Heals, PS Debuffing Armor on 30% of all attacks.

I started messing with it after 1.3 but have been tweaking it since and this is what I have been trying for the better part of a week now. Find it very interesting. my single target take down speed is quite good and very competitive Damage numbers in WZs.

Maintains Survival with Watchman Burn/Heals by using Juyo as my Combat Stance. Only 2 points wasted on Ataru Talents.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501GGrozbrzZZbIbRMMz.2

Edited by Ananaku

Honestly, I don't like it at all. Go all Watchman or all Combat, don't try and be a combo of both. As you said you had to waste 2 points in Ataru form that you will never ever use, they are totally wasted. For all intents and purposes you have a 39 point build.

So, where is your heavy hitter? No damage increase on Master Strike with Master Focus, no Merciless Slash or Blade Rush, your burn effects aren't going to be as effective because you missed the higher tiered talents in the Watchman tree. You still have a minimum jump distance on your Force leap. You talented up Transcendence, that's good, but seeing you in Juyo and popping Transcendence feels like a wasted opportunity to give you and your group back some health... IDK, I'm just not seeing it here.

Other AC's make better hybrids because of the symmetry between the trees. Sents not so much when you consider the third tier in each tree basically pigeonholes you into focusing on one spec or the other, you can't get past it without wasting skill points on talents that you will never use. I mean if you can make a go of it and are satisfied with the results, more power to you. However if I were a betting man I would put 5 credits that you will be re-specing back to a 31 point build soon. :p

Edited by Ridickilis

I use Valor for situational use of Speed, remainder of Time I use Zen for Burns. As I indicated no there is no heavy hitter but the combination of Nice Burns and PS debuffing (30%) of my Melee means higher average damage without a Heavy hitter. I have run variation of this spec since 1.3 and still have no desire to respec back to a 31 point build as it stands....

I would recommend you try it before casting judgement...

FYI - I'm in Full Aug'd WH with buffed stats as follows - (101 Acc/1096 Power/1610 Str/1280 Exp/28 Crit/77Surge)

Edited by Ananaku

I use Valor for situational use of Speed, remainder of Time I use Zen for Burns. As I indicated no there is no heavy hitter but the combination of Nice Burns and PS debuffing (30%) of my Melee means higher average damage without a Heavy hitter. I have run variation of this spec since 1.3 and still have no desire to respec back to a 31 point build as it stands....

FYI - I'm in Full Aug'd WH with buffed stats as follows - (101 Acc/1096 Power/1610 Str/1280 Exp/28 Crit/77Surge)

Im sorry to say that this is just another bad attemt at a hybrid sent.. Your missing the best parts from both the combat and the Watchman tree and you gain.. nothing.

The armor debuff is useless without heavy damaging attacks to fill it with, you dont have that, are you debuffing armor thinking your burns will do tons of damage? You say that with the armor debuff you do more average damage than with heavy hitters, how about trying armor debuff WITH heavy hitters? Or burns WITH heavy hitters?

Right now you have burns and an armor debuff. not the best combination..

Sentinels DONT MAKE GOOD HYBRIDS. sadly thats just the case

I would strongly advise you to parse on an ops dummy or PvP dummy and give actual numbers. Feeling is the ennemy of the MMO player. As it stand you would probably be happy to score 1300 dps on an ops strawman with that spec, imo.

You literally asked for peoples opinion in the title, don't tell him not to cast judgement. Hybrid Sent specs have been tried and posted on in these forums since the game launched. None are better then a straight watchman, combat or even focus build. Parse yourself, I have, and it is mediocre at best. . If you enjoy it, play it but you don't need to come to the forums to ask us if we like your build if you enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Still running my Spec with a tiny variation. Love Watchman heals and Super Trans, as for no heavy hitter...I get 5K Damage medal regularly and often at or near the top of DPS charts with Full WH Watchmen and Combat spec'd Sents,

I do advise people to try it for a couple of days if you want to switch it up a little, it really has its merits...